Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Probably another firewall question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Default Probably another firewall question.

Hi guys, again sorry if this has been answered before, I am new.

I have a 2002 Accord V6 coupe. I am trying to run some wires for a switch. Long story short, I've given it a once over, and cant find an easy place to get through the firewall. I used to own a Prelude, and I just taped them to a coat hanger and snaked it through. However, I knew where to expect it to come out. I would prefer if the wires came out under the steering wheel, or around there, as my switch is installed below the cruise control button. (The wires are pretty small, should be easy to snake)

I searched and couldnt find what I was looking for. Anyone know the easiest location on this car? (where to snake, and where it comes out at? I dont want to drill any holes, and if I have to snake through the passenger side I will. Any pictures would be a huge help too.

I am kinda new to this car, so I'm looking for suggestions. As I said, I gave it a look over, and said to myself "screw it, i'll get online, im sure someone has done this before and knows where to go". Thanks for any help, and sorry for the noob question, I'm still getting used to this car.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Administrator
Talking Hi Member

Do look in this section where this post is and then E-mail or PM one of the stereo Guru's or forum monitors or stereo managers..they will be able to help you...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Probably another firewall question.-later.gif  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

it depends on the size of the wire. below 10awg and you can snake it through the upper driver's corner with the factory wiring. larger than 10awg and you need to drill a hole and use a proper grommet, or access a factory hole that has an empty black plug - sometimes you can just drill a hole in the plastic plug without actually drilling metal. the hole will be above the gas pedal, part-way up, behind the factory sound pad.