Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Putting Subs in my 2007 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
jgaynes
Unregistered
Default Putting Subs in my 2007 Accord

I just got an 07 Accord. I want some subs that will shake my car (I love the feeling/sound of bass). I was wondering if I could just by subs with a box and install them, or if I need a different head unit. If so what is the easiest way to put a head unit in the car with out messing things up.
-Jon

Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
jbm07accord
Unregistered
Default RE: Putting Subs in my 2007 Accord

I am fairly new to this forum, just got my 07 accord Aug. 14, but you have a couple of options.

The first suggestion is for you to search the A/V forum. There are a couple of posts dealing with replacing your factory system.

What I am researching, and prefer, is to keep the stock unit, as it is so integrated with steering controls and the dual climate controls.
There are a couple of products that I am considering. They both do the same thing: take the signal from the stock unit, flatten the response using DSP technology,
give you the options to EQ the sound to your liking, and then output to your speakers and provide a sub/center output. The options differ based on processor you choose.
1. The JL Audio CleanSweep. There are several posts on here about the cleansweep.
2. Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty. They offer 2 models, the more expensive offers many more eq bands. I havent seen anything related to this on HAF but have found info on other forums. If you want to keep your stock HU, consider this.

Otherwise search and you will find posts that MacLeod (I hope i got this right, if not sorry) has posted some links to aftermarker "adapters" that will replace the controls and leave an empty place for your new aftermarket HU.No sense in retyping what someone else has taken the time to do.

Hope this helps. If i have left out something or postedin error, be gentle.Firstre to fellow member.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jgaynes

I just got an 07 Accord. I want some subs that will shake my car (I love the feeling/sound of bass). I was wondering if I could just by subs with a box and install them, or if I need a different head unit. If so what is the easiest way to put a head unit in the car with out messing things up.
-Jon
It would really help if u could put your make model ( if u have navi.. in this case)n all that in ur signature.. it makes it much eaiser when someone goes to look up a part for you... thanks

Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM

the cleansweep and the rockford fosgate are for quality sound and are pretty pricey. it sounds like youre just looking for car shaking bass. in that case you can probably just get a line converter hooked up to the rear speaker wires for rca outputs. and you need to run power wires for your amp.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 AM

what kinda budget are u lookin at for sub(s) and amp(s)? (and remember the morepower u get, then that means u need to upgraded ur electrical system also...i.e. battery, alternator, factory wiring)

Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 PM

If youre just wanting some bass and arent really looking into or interested in upgrading your entire system, there are quite a few inexpensive options for ya.

For one, you can run down to Circuit City and pick out any of their premade boxes thatll fit inside your trunk. Then you can buy any one of a number of amps that accept speaker level inputs. Circuit City or Best Buy can install these for you with no problem.

There are also powered subwoofer boxes by brands like MTX and Infinity but the ones with any real power are $300 +.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5ukIBT4...1000&avf=N