Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Quick and easy sub install

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Default Quick and easy sub install

After reading several threads about amps, subs and installs, I decided to take the quick easy route. Sound is pretty good all things considered. I'm intending on later on amp'ing the components and highs, just haven't had the time yet. But this is a quick, cheap and effective little boost for those wanting a bit more bang for their buck. Now, granted I've done ZERO post install cleanup here, so there are wires hanging that won't be later. It has been raining on and off all day, and I've been in and out of the car with the weather. No sooner that I had the basic wiring done and was giving it a test run, the bottom fell out of the sky and sent me back in the house.

Now, you won't win any competitions with this, but I've found it to be quite a good little number for the price. I've had one in the wifes Cherokee SRT8 for a couple years now, and it has remained solid even with her beating it quite a bit.

So, for $89 at Fry's for the sub/amp combo, plus a $10 high line input (it was $10 open box, 19.99 normally), and a $15 8 guage amp wiring kit, you can install a basic sub kit under $120.

FRYS.com | Dual
FRYS.com | Axxess
FRYS.com | Dp Audio Video

Attached Thumbnails Quick and easy sub install-hondasub.jpg