Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radio 2003 Honda Accord EXEX

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Goldwing
Unregistered
Default RE: Radio 2003 Honda Accord EXEX

Update - Unit was replaced with a "refurbished" one, for a labor charge of $84. Dealer indicated that it has a 12 month/12,000
mile warranty. Honda of America did confirm that fact although I don't have anything in writing, besides my receipt. As other posts
note, dealers don't tell their customers, that Honda of America is paying for out of warranty replacements, under their
"Goodwill" program. Has anyone out there EVER have a Honda dealer tell them about the replacement policy ?

Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 AM
dlmackinney
Unregistered

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this forum. I have the same issue - everything works then suddenly no control of the a/c and no lights on the radio console. I took it to my neighborhood auto shop (VERY honest and good mechanic) who told me it was the module, that the part was $600, that it's a recurring problem, that he'd already called the nearest dealership to try to get them to fix it and they said nope - out of warranty. I have 43,000 miles on the car. I told him to hold on, did some Google work and found this forum. I called American Honda, got a case number, took it to a Honda dealership for diagnostics. They are now waiting to hear back from HA about fixing it.

While waiting around I strolled the showroom and ended up driving a Civic Hybrid. The seats were very uncomfortabe for me - pushed my head forward no matter what I did with the head rest. They are willing to make me a good deal on a new Accord - not as decked out as my current one, but my lease is up in December and I'm going to have to either release or pay a termination fee of $400 and then go out and buy a new car with nothing to trade. The new Accord is a V4 - my old one is V6. Frankly, it didn't seem to drive all that differently - maybe just slightly slower on the pickup but not noticeably so. The gas mileage would be better.
Any comments? advice?

Old 03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Goldwing
Unregistered

DL,

Have you heard back from the case manager ? My advice is that you should try to keep your Accord. @62,000 on our 03 4 cyl EX
there have been no other problems besides the radio. Good luck !!

Goldwing

Old 09-06-2006, 11:29 PM
yeloboy
Unregistered

unfortunately mine just went out on my 03 accord at 63k miles.[:@] I took it to the dealer before I discovered this forum and they told me that I am past the warranty and american honda denied has their request to have it replaced. After reading this forum, I'm beginning to wonder if they even tried to make a request for replacement or they're just "leaving me hanging."[X(] I guess I will have to call American Honda and make a claim for myself, tomorrow. If anyone else has any other suggestions, it is much appreciated... until then, i guess I'll be in the dark,...literally.[>:]

Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
candys_33549
Unregistered

Mine just went dim as well a few days ago in my 2003 Accord EX Coupe& at approx 38K miles. I read this forum first before calling, then called the 800 number for Honda. The guy there told me that b/c it is such a common problem that I dont even need a case number & that I should just go to the dealership for them to fix it. I told him I was concerned about being charged b/c it is out of warranty, he said they will not charge me anything at all. He didnt ask or know what dealership I was going to but only askedhow many miles it had on it. I called my local dealership (Autoway Honda), asked them about fixing it out of warranty & at no charge. They told me that b/c it was just over warranty & b/cI got the person's name at the 800 number who said I wont get charged, that they would not charge me anything at all to fix it. I just went by there & they wrote down the 4 digit # from my radio & they are overnighting my new radio so that I can have it put in tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Me too - 2003 Accord EX-L 4dr 35,000 miles but out of warranty by 9 months. 3rd Accord in the household and all regularly serviced at the dealer so should go smoothly I hope......

Old 01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Pam
Unregistered

I am also having the same problem with my radio/ dim lights. I purchased my car used. I have had it for about 6 months. I have called Honda and they have given me a case number and the number to a local Honda dealer. I have contacted the local dealer and they seem to be aware of the problem and they advised me to bring the vehicle in and they would order the stereo. I did telldealership that I have 48,000 miles on my vehicle. He did not seem to think any of this was a problem. I will update on how this turns out.Hopefully I will not have to pay much if anything out of pocket.. This is my first Honda, are there any other problems with the 2003 Honda Accord V6 EX ?

Old 01-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Welcome to the Forum pam. There are no other issues that I can think of on the 03 accords they seem to be great cars, just crappy stereo *L* Let us know how that turns out

Old 01-23-2007, 04:27 PM
hepcow
Unregistered

Hey guys. I have the same problem.Radio dark. center controls dark.But everything works. Good news . I just got off the phone with the dealership today, 1-23-07, and he told me that Honda knows about the problem and what they juststarted doing is extending the warranty just for this radio, center control problem. I think he said upto 7 Years and 100,000 miles no cost for 03 and 04 models.Its not a fuse problem. its a circut board thing and they need to replace something inside the chassie.So no worries, they will fix it.Call a dealership and they will tell you all about it.This just started about a week ago he said.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 PM

i have a 2004 accord ex.Same problem. im on my 3rd radio already.What they told me was its covered even if my warranty is out because they are aware it was a faulty part and theyve had numerous problems with these radios

Quick Reply: Radio 2003 Honda Accord EXEX