Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radio 2003 Honda Accord EXEX

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Default RE: Radio 2003 Honda Accord EXEX

i have a 04 ex 6 speed and mine went out months ago... i have 74k miles on it... and this is the biggest problem ive had with it... i LOVE Honda's... i have a 76 gl 1000 in my basement im rebuilding... and i have this 04 accord... i love them both, and it is not like honda to build somthing with a problem and not fix it.... i hope honda is fixing it for free... i will call american honda and see what they say... i hope you guy's are right about them fixing it.... ive had this problem for over 15k miles, and it's really annoying...

it's hard to listen to a radio station when you cant see what station it is... or use climate controll when you cant see where it is blowing... ant the problem is a circut board... it has all the ***** and such on it along with the display... and part of it is faulty... that is why the unit goes dim... the dimmer controllcontrolls the guages and the radio lights at all times on the 03 up models... even with the lights off... try turning it all the way down with the lights off and see what happens...

Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM

I had the exact same problem. 2004 accord ex coupe. I called the dealer and they wanted me to pay for the circuit board and installation. They said it was a common problem. I called American Honda (1-800-999-1009)today and they said there is a recall on my radio. They are installing a new radio at no charge!!!! The service bulletin is 04-027. By the way, I'm out of my factory warranty, I have 41,000 miles. This repair is extended to 7 years/100,000 miles. Don't pay to have this problem fixed!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Pam
Unregistered

I previouslyposted the problem I was having with my Stereo(no light/dimmer). I contacted the Honda 800 # listed in previous postings. I called a local dealership and they knew all about the problem and replaced my stereo for no charge. They called it aGood Will replacement. This was in Mid January.

I was very happy with the Dealership in Marietta, GA. I cannot say the same for my first experience with a Dealership in Florida. It is good to know there is a warrantly because when I asked the Dealership they said there wasn't one. It left me to wonder if I was going to have this problem in the future with no recorse. Again, good to know.

Thanks for all the helpful postings with information on how to get replaced. The Florida Dealership wanted to charge me over $1000 to replace.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
avengingangel
Unregistered

To all my fellow Canadians who stumble upon this site,[/align]I just ran into the same problem with my '03 Accord V6 Sedan.[/align]The radio backlight died but the radio and all else was functioning normally.[/align][/align]Since I just purchased this vehicle used and it is my very 1st Honda I must say I got quite nervous when the problem occurred.[/align][/align]Then I started researching it on the net, found this site and saw how many others experience the same thing and my mind was put at ease when I also saw that Honda was fixing them even if the 3/60 warranty had expired.[/align][/align]I went to my local Honda dealership in Newmarket, ON. They contacted Honda and effective tomorrow (March 16th, 2007) Honda Canada will be formally extending the warranty on the radio to 5 years / 100,000 kilometres. [/align][/align]My vehicle has less than 50,000km so they will be replacing the radio and all will be fully covered under warranty.[/align][/align]

Old 03-28-2007, 04:22 PM

I finally took my car in to get it checked out. The radio not lighting up is a known problem. Long story short, even though my 2003 Accord is 4 yrs old and had 150,000 miles on it they fixed it at no charge. That was a nice surprise!!! Thanks for all the info.