Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Is this radio compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Hey I'm looking to do the same thing, but since I already had bestbuy install it, do I need to order this: Metra Part # 99-7862 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online or can I use what best buy used (which I suppose could be the same thing). Also, would any car audio place know how to do this? After years of doing this kind of stuff myself I would rather pay someone else to do it lol. Also, keep_hope_alive you mentioned that we don't *have* to solder anything right, we can use crimps? I've soldered once and I don't think I want to do it again lol.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by paladyr
Hey I'm looking to do the same thing, but since I already had bestbuy install it, do I need to order this: Metra Part # 99-7862 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online or can I use what best buy used (which I suppose could be the same thing). Also, would any car audio place know how to do this? After years of doing this kind of stuff myself I would rather pay someone else to do it lol. Also, keep_hope_alive you mentioned that we don't *have* to solder anything right, we can use crimps? I've soldered once and I don't think I want to do it again lol.
start a new thread and provide pics of the existing installation with a list of everything installed (make/model) and i'm glad to assist.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've got some people who can help me solder the cables together (being my first time, I'd rather be shown and then learn by doing - I learn better that way). I know this is a very late reply, but I've been extremely busy with life lately, getting a new job and moving, and so on.

I just wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you put into helping me - it goes unnoticed far too often these days and you certainly deserve the kudos. I appreciate it, and wish the best of luck to you.

If I ever have any problems, I know where to go & refer others to! Take care!