Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 AM
jam
Newest Of Newbies
Default radio issue

Greetings!

Quick question about the 97 accord radio. It keeps cutting out....you can't go very far down the road before it cuts out and another partial station is heard, maybe 2. You rarely get through a couple songs. It sucks big time.

I heard something about they had so much trouble with the power antennas that they put the antenna right in the back glass in the 97, is this true? Is this normal for this setup or am i looking at a potential problem (i hope it is not normal anyway)?

thanks.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: radio issue

sounds like maybe the head unit quit working. They prolly put the antenna in the glass because it was cheaper to do it that way as they can imprint the antenna at the same time they do the rear defroster.... rather than added cost of stamping the mount in the metal and installing the power antenna assembly...

Not to mention that a car without an antenna looks better than one that has one sticking out IMHO

Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM

sounds like your deck is bad. maybe opt for a new Eclipse deck?!

http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd-index.html

Old 10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
jam
Newest Of Newbies

thanks for the replies guys. I hope it is the deck. I was just wondering if the antenna in the glass doesn't give as good reception or something?

Although yesterday it cut out again and it just went blank, all stations. Another time it went kind of static-like and then every preset you hit was the same station! So maybe it is the head unit like you guys say as i can't see reception doing that?

Actually we got an eclipse with the deal for my fiances mazda protoge (in the box) but i don't know that i want to use it since it isn't a face-off. Can't believe they wouldn't add that given that even the cheapies do these days.