General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code issue with radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
optimgr
Unregistered
Default Code issue with radio

First off I hope this is the right topic to post this question but if not I apologize. I have a 2002 Coupe with a 6 disc cd changer audio system. I was in an accident which shut off the electrical system. It is now fixed & drivable again however the radio is not working. I read the owners manual that says I should have recived a card with the code to reset the radio anytime the battery or fuses arereplaced . The problem is I never recived anything. I bought the car used from a used car center not a honda dealer. Can anyone help me with a code to get my radio working again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Code issue with radio

Numerous discussions on this issue w/ a search for "radio code". Place your car specs in your signature and they will always be there.

good luck

Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Do as stated by TexasHonda above. Also, take your car to a Honda Dealer and they should be able to find the code for you. There are probably other ways as well. I always thought the code was supposed to be printed in the owner's manual somewhere.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the code is not printed ,, but it comes in a separate card which the buyer gets when buying the car ..
to get the anti-theft code , you need to remove the radio and get the serial # ..
the dealer might find the code out if you give them the car serial # , with proof of ownership call Honda and get the code that way.. if not, radio has to come out to get the code ,,
look in the underhood fuse box, ash tray, glove box, at times techs stick it in one of those places ( it is adhesive sticker ) ,,

Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Dont forget to check around the trunk and trunk lid.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
annef
Unregistered

I am having a strange problem with the radio code and am hoping someone knows how to resolve this without me having to pay the dealer.

Honda 2006 accord EX with navigation system

I ran the battery down by leaving an interior light on during a trip- got back to the airport long term lot and dead battery. I managed to get the car jumped so was on my way, albeit no radio or GPS due to code. Fine, I thought, I know I have the card at home and after much digging I found it. Problem is there are TWO sets of codes, and the radio code keeps saving "incorrect pin" when I enter it. I finally entered the GPS code and that worked. Now I have GPS but all audio controls are dead, and there is no way to enter the code again. I dis-connected the battery and tried it all again, but still get the 'incorrect pin" message and no radio. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know I have the correct card because the radio serial number is the same one as is printed on the sticker in the glove box.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me- I have seen this same problem on other forums but no one knows how to fix it

Old 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Have you checked the instructions in the owner's manual? You may be doing something in wrong sequence while entering the code. See "Related Threads" at bottom of this page. Perhaps they may provide a clue. Dealership should also be consulted.

good luck

Old 08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
annef
Unregistered

Thanks for the suggestion- I managed to figure this out with some on-line help. The bottom line:

Car- honda 2006 Accord EX, with navigation
Procedure- first, using on-screen keyboard, enter the navigation system code
Second, using tuning **** on radio and radio LCD display, enter your four digit radio code. The instructions for this are in the user guide as Texas Honda rightfully points out, except that my user guide saysI have a five digit code but my card has only a four digit code.

I did find a sticker with the radio serial number in my glove box so the dealer who quoted me $117 to pull the radio out was fishing for some extra labor hours

I hope this info helps another person out there who wants his audio back! I live in the San Francisco bay area and traffic reports are very useful

Old 08-23-2008, 05:47 PM

Also if you sign up for myhonda through hondas website, they will give you access to your radio code.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Heck...I didnt know that myself

Thanks