General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Newbie needs help.going crazy.radio code issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 AM
bigtank
Unregistered
Default Newbie needs help.going crazy.radio code issue

Hello All,

First of I've done my research but nothing is working. Had to replace my battery a while back so of course I had to find the codes to unlock my Nav and radio. Herein lies my problem. Nav unlocks just fine.I searched high and low finally came up with radio serial #. Didnt work. Called dealership they gaveme the run down told melook for lil sticker blah blah blah. finally came up with code "63156" but it didnt work. Called dealership back they gave me 1-800number for American Honda. Went thru their hoops since I bought car used had to fax them all my info, gave a pint of blood, dis a rain dance, you know the whole shabang. They verified the code I had was correct. Ok so I tried the code a few times and by now it was locked and wouldnt accept any more...pulled the fuse and the battery leads..came back..same damn thing. First off my unit is looking for a four digit code. I was told this is normal and to only use the first 4 digits...tried that, left off the first digit tried that, tried it backwards, took the tangent and the cosign of the code added them together and divided by .0594...aint nothing work. Its been 5 months with no radio and Im about to hang myself. I understand its suppossed to be an anti-theft feature and all that but c'mon someone should tell Honda " Dont eva eva eva mess with a black man's radio". How, I would pay to have the unit removed just to verify the serial number but if they just come back with the same code I'm liable to hurt someone seeing how that would cost me a $100+ bucks just to end up back in the same place. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???