Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

RCA jacks

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Default RCA jacks

I have an '03 accord ex. I also installed an auxiliary in jack a few months ago. My friend wants to sell me his sub with amp and sub box for $100 (from his old car);

Will I be able to install it using standard rca jacks AND keep my aux in jack (which I believe uses 2 rca jacks, can't remember from 8 months ago). If not, can I simply use some kind of RCA jack splitter?

Furthermore, would any of you recommend certain speakers to go with this setup? The amp is an alpine 2 channel amp and the sub is made by legacy. The sub box is 24x10x9. I'm not looking for the cheapest speakers, but I'm also looking for a good bang for my buck.

If possible, can I somehow mount this in my trunk to take up the least possible amount of space whilst allowing me to use my folding rear seats?

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

aux in is different than an output which you need to feed the sub amp.

the aux in feeds a signal to the head unit.

you can just use a Line Output Converter off the rear speakers to feed the sub amp. this is typical. either get a LOC with an auto-turn on feature (remote output) or get an amp with an auto-turn on feature.

best trunk sub location is the driver rear corner. nothing there anyway. best space saver is a fiberglass box molded to the factory corner pocket.

plenty of speaker options, but don't power aftermarket speakers from a stock head unit and expect better performance. the factory system suffers from too little power. Even putting an amp on the factory speakers sounds worlds better. that would be my first suggestion for an upgrade. A 4 ch amp for the cabin speakers. we can discuss wiring if you go down that path.