Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Replacing 9th Gen Honda Accord Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Replacing 9th Gen Honda Accord Radio

Hello, I've thinking about replacing my radio on my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L. I hate the current radio, it freezes and locks up most of the time. I wanted to get a Pioneer AVIC 8400 NEX on it. I was wondering if Metra is the only option for the top display to work? how well does Metra work? What kind of features will i lose? I've heard that their is a second generation out better than the first. Will my steering wheel controls and mirror camera work?
If not is there anything better out there?

Thanks

Old 07-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by John007
Hello, I've thinking about replacing my radio on my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L. I hate the current radio, it freezes and locks up most of the time. I wanted to get a Pioneer AVIC 8400 NEX on it. I was wondering if Metra is the only option for the top display to work? how well does Metra work? What kind of features will i lose? I've heard that their is a second generation out better than the first. Will my steering wheel controls and mirror camera work?
If not is there anything better out there?

Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation without internet.

Yes, there is a Metra kit that retains the necessary information. It is buggy, even after the second generation. It is buggy enough that people prefer to bury the factory head unit in the dash to maintain the quality of the factory screen and interface.

I have a head unit from a 2015 Hybrid EXL that I transplanted into a 2014 Sport and it has been fine. Bummer you are having issues - what source do you have issues on?

The effort to bury the factory head unit isn't trivial, and it requires commitment. The main issue is the lack of clock adjustment and settings adjustment but you retain the iMid screen.