Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sanity Check - Wiring for Component Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

mine has side airbags as well. no worries there, just an extra wire harness (yellow).

move seat back, remove front two 14mm bolts, move seat forward, remove two rear 14mm bolts, move seat to center, lean seat back, unplug harnesses, lift out. when lifting the seats out, make sure they are in a fully upright position and lift with your hand between the seat bottom and seat back. light enough for one arm lift.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just a quick follow up for anybody searching the future:

Originally Posted by TooSlow
If I remove the seats (mine have the side airbags) is there anything I need to be aware of?
Well, I removed the DS seat. After I re-installed the seat - I had an SRS light that stayed on. Perhaps it was because I didn't disconnect the negative battery cable first?

So, I had to reset the SRS light using the methods you can find on youtube. I used the 2 terminal yellow harness connector located on the back of the fuse box + a paper clip... It took me a few times, but it finally worked.

There was plenty of room to easily snake the tweeter wires from the tweeter location through the fuse boxes on each side of the dash. Then, I easily ran the wires to the crossovers - which I placed under the radio (wrapped in jute padding to prevent rattles).