Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

soundgate HONAUX4 on 2003 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
sbddrj
Unregistered
Default RE: soundgate HONAUX4 on 2003 Accord

guiswim, I have the same problem with a Soundgate HONZN4 that I purchased for a 2009 Honda Accord LX-P. There was not a male 14-Pin plug connected to the female 14-Pin plug on the rear of the factory radio. So, I just plugged in the male 14-Pin plug from the HONZ4 in this location, but nothing happens, and left the female portion of the HONZN4 Y-harness unplugged. I am wondering if the male factory 14-Pin is hidden somehwere, or it needs to be purchased. Did you find out anything? Any solutions on yours?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
P3n8UiN
Unregistered

Guiswim, did you have any luck with your HONAUX4. I wondering if I should order it.. I have a 2003 accord EX, no navi, no xm. Let me know if you have resolved the issue. I called soundgate to talk to them and ask them if they knew of any existing issue for the 2003 model and they said they did not know of any.
Thanks

Old 09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
olrac
Unregistered

This thread's old, but I have a similar problem with my HONAUX4. I have a 2004 Accord EX. The thing is that this device works fine sometimes, but will randomly stop working.
And it's not as if it's a wiring issue, either. It doesn't stop working randomly while I'm using it. What will happen is that I'll use it without problem for days, weeks, months, but then one day I'll try to toggle the audio mode on the factory radio from CD to Aux, but nothing will happen.
What should happen is that it will toggle between CD, XM and Aux, but instead nothing happens when I attempt to change the mode. Radio and CD work fine, but no Aux or XM. Connection is secure, as far as I can tell. I've taken the compartment apart twice now trying to diagnose. Everything appears to be in working order.
It's currently not working again. A few days, weeks or months from now I'll plug my audio player into it and it will work just fine.
Any more suggestions?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM

almost every time you switch to aux/xm you have to use the seek button with in the first 10 seconds after switching to aux/xm, because there is i think 3 or 4 channels on that AUX input. Mine goes like this: XM1, XM2, AUX, IPOD, and almost every time I go to CD from IPOD, when I switch back it is not working, so i have to "seek" for the right aux input.

hope it helps

Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
olrac
Unregistered

I'm not sure I'm following you. Seek has no function on my stereo in AUX mode or to toggle modes. On my stereo, seek only functions for CD and radio/XM.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Bird
Unregistered

I'm having the same issue as you olrac. I also have a 2004 with a HONAUX4 installed. It worked fine all the time for the first week, then intermittently, now I'm lucky to have it work at all. I've noticed that if I keep it on AUX when it is working, that it will work the next time but there is hardly any sound at all. After switching over to radio, it won't go back into AUX again. I'm going to open the HONAUX4 this weekend, verify all my connections are still fine, check the connector ends for continuity, and try different jumper settings.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 AM
olrac
Unregistered

Someone from Kicker support e-mailed with steps to do a hard ignition reset, but it didn't work for me.
  1. start vehicle with radio on am or fm
  2. unplug our piece from either radio or module
  3. Wait 1min.
  4. plug piece back up
  5. shut off vehicle
  6. wait 1min
  7. turn vehicle on
  8. wait about 30 sec
  9. Try and source over to the Aux.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:35 AM

Any new news guys?
I'm having the exact same problem trying to get my HONPDSDR to work on my '06 Accord. I have no nav or sat radio and the listing sais it is supposed to work with or without those things. Very frustrating...

Old 09-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Figured it out, I was just misinterpreting the instructions. Works brilliantly!