Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Suggestion on Honda 2003 Accord EX CD Player Option

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Default Suggestion on Honda 2003 Accord EX CD Player Option

Hi,
I just bought a used 2003 Honda Accord EX. Unfortunately, owner changed the original 6 CD changer(Ex model) to a factory made 2003 Accord LX single CD changer. It works but it can't be controlled through the steering controls and that's annoying at times.

I have two questions on this:
  1. How cheap a used EX model CD changer would be? Besides EBay is there any place I can look for?
  2. Secondly, Is there any other private stereos which I can install in dash and that can controller by steering controls?
Thanks in Advance!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Most stereos you buy today have a wire specifically for steering wheel controls. I would pull that stereo out and see if the wire is even hooked up. Its possible he just didnt hook it up.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

2) YES many aftermarket radios can be setup to work with the steering wheel controls.

For you I recommend going to www.crutchfield.com they will advise you with not only what radio will work for you they can also provide you wire harnesses and radio mount that will make installing everything yourself rather easy.

Last edited by crispin; 05-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Joyce
Most stereos you buy today have a wire specifically for steering wheel controls. I would pull that stereo out and see if the wire is even hooked up. Its possible he just didnt hook it up.
Originally Posted by crispin
2) YES many aftermarket radios can be setup to work with the steering wheel controls.

For you I recommend going to www.crutchfield.com they will advise you with not only what radio will work for you they can also provide you wire harnesses and radio mount that will make installing everything yourself rather easy.
Thanks Tyler and Crispin. I have checked with dealer and somehow this LX factory stereos, can't be controlled through steeing and thus doesn't have a cable.

I will definitely look into the crutchfield and hopefully would be able to use my steering controls for the new player.

Regards,
Salman

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

The steering wheel interface I use is the PAC SWI-Jack. It is programmable for several makes/models.

You just need a HU that is steering wheel control capable, and to get the mounting kit and wire harness adapter.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
The steering wheel interface I use is the PAC SWI-Jack. It is programmable for several makes/models.

You just need a HU that is steering wheel control capable, and to get the mounting kit and wire harness adapter.
Thanks hope!

I appreciate the feedback. I searched the PAC-SWI jack and it seems good. The problem is the Honda Unit which is steering wheel control capable. I am searching on ebay and if find one in a cheap price, I will buy one.

Regards,
Salman