Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH

Old 02-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Default Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH

I'v been looking around for a new raido for my 1998 honda accord. I would like it to have DVD and I-Pod. If possible bluetooth but thats not to important. I was seeing what yall though i should get. I dont have a prefrence of what type but right now its an Alpine. Needs to be in-dash with a 7" screen or smaller. Also if you think its to big please tell me and if you got any new ideas. Thanks.

Dillion

Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH

I am extremely satisfied with my Valor in dash. While I don't have the bluetooth model I see a lot of good reviews on the bluetooth feature. While it isn't the world's best headunit, but I think it has the best value. At $400 for no bluetooth and $500 for bluetooth (Crutchfield Prices!) you can't really beat it. Only cons to the headunit is the heat it produces (it does have a fan) without even using the internal amp. I've been running it for an average of 3 hours daily only playing MP3 and Video DVDs and have had no problems with my DVD drive. And the new iPod Classic does not work with the unit I have, but I believe there is an update for the bluetooth version for the new iPod line compatibility. If your not going to get a pioneer or eclipse I would go with a Valor headunit.
Valor ITS-703W

Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Im rocking a Kenwood DDX-8017. Its got a 6.5" screen. I like it. Plenty of options.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:31 AM

or you can go the route I chose which was to buy a stand alone 7' monitor and mold it into the double din and buy the 3rd din off of handaaccessories and add a dvd/cd player of your choice. I think it'll be cheaper this way then buying a 600+ system. I spent a total of probably 250-270.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: stevent

or you can go the route I chose which was to buy a stand alone 7' monitor and mold it into the double din and buy the 3rd din off of handaaccessories and add a dvd/cd player of your choice. I think it'll be cheaper this way then buying a 600+ system. I spent a total of probably 250-270.
Nice, adds some custom appeal too. I was lucky to get my kenwood new, for less than a refurbished one.