Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk light wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Default trunk light wont turn on

well i cut the wires going to my trunk light because i was gonna splice the wires to my neons so they would turn on whenever my trunk will open. well the wires were blue and orange so i didnt know which were positive or negative so i tried reattaching the wires back to the trunk light so i could just figure it all out later. well after i spliced the wires back, the trunk light wont turn on. did i blow a fuse or something when i clipped the wires?

Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: trunk light wont turn on

Well if the light was on when you cut it and you cut both wires at the same time, then ofcourse you blew a fuse... If you didn't know that then maybe you should have someone help you, maybe someone who knows what they're doing. Did you even check the fuses? It doens't matter the polarity for regular incandescent bulbs. So if the light isn't working, you blew a fuse or don't have a solid connection. You need to know the polarity to hook up LEDs or Neons, so your going to need a multimeter. So did you cut the wires without even thinking about figuring out the polarity? You can't just do that, you have to think, doube, and triple check before you cut or even do anything. Its sounds like your a young kid, and I really recomend you get your dad or someone to help you out, if not your going to butcher your car.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:05 PM

yeah im only 17. iv run an amp through my car and put in all new speakers before so i guess i got a little cocky thinkin i can do anything. but yea im positive a blew the fuse cause none of my interior lights will turn on now. this will definitely be my last project i do now cause i dont wanna break anything else. do you happen to know which fuse goes to the interior lights?

Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Lol, take the panel off the fuse box and look at the diagram to find the interior light fuse. Or just buy a fuse tester and test them all, or pull them all. Next time, disconnect the battery before doing any electrical work. There are a bunch of little do and don't you need to be taught before doing anymore electrical work. You can do some serious damage if your just going by "trial and error".