Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Wiring Suggestions

Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Default Wiring Suggestions

I'm supposed to be getting my stereo back from the factory (sent in for warranty repairs... Well I just wanted a good cleaning on it so i kinda faked the funk on it being broken....) in about a week. The aftermarket POS that is in there right now is crimped onto the originall wiring from the factory. My deck has a factory harness crimped onto it. So should I ditch the wiring harness and crimp straight onto the factory wires (one inline crimp) or install the factory harness back in and connect to it. (two inline crimps plus harness connector). Am I going to risk getting engine noise with to many connection or will a good ground alleviate this issue? Suggestions or ideas welcome

Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Wiring Suggestions

i would wire in the factory harness.....but thats just me, if you have it wired right you wont get any noise. i wont let audio express touch my car cause i know they just cut the harness off.....those badboys...

Please watch the Foul Words Folks...Thanks...WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM

I agree with Lightshow .. wire in the factory harness wont do any harm to your system if you do it right which i know it's not gonna be a problem for you .. Besides you're not gonna get distortion by engine noise anyway.. goodluck

Old 03-17-2006, 01:06 PM

Alright thanks for the suggestions. I figure I'll just pickup the harness and hook it up then run all my wiring.... any suggestions on Placement for an amp? I was thinking under the passenger side seat.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You can do that if the amp is small enough, but the problem with doing that is, if you can see it by looking in the window, that doesnt really promote theft deterance ^_^

Old 03-17-2006, 03:07 PM

It's about the exact size of the "dimple" in the floor so it' will be completely invisible when looking in the window .... Plus I live in the middle of nowhere Montana so theft is a VERY small issue...

Old 03-18-2006, 12:14 AM

hmm ..
i prefer it in the trunk .. it's a little hassle for running all the wires but you got alot of room for doing all the connection or updating to the new one later on.. but under the passenger seat isnt bad either..goodluck

Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM

UPDATE: Finally got my deck back!! Pulled out the old one (side note did you know that hacksaw blades can work in place of the "keys" for removing an aftermarket deck?? *L*) and low and behold the stock wiring harness was still in place, pulled the old deck, pluged in mine and NOTHING, no power nothing... well crap... so I call the place, take it down there and bench test it... works fine... turns out when I origonally had it wired I had an amp as well so my constant power lead wasn't wired into the harness... a quick crimp and plugged it in and it worked!

P.S. I tried to pawn that POS jensen... Trade in value for it was $10.00 *L*