Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Yellow Top Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Yellow Top Battery

Yeah but I thought the red was for better/quicker starting, and the yellow is more for high audio loads.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 AM

the kinetikhc600 is like a optima red top

Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I had a yellow top in my previous car, which was a suburban. I had about the same system I have now and I never noticed any voltage drops with the bass. But one day my battery went bad, and I needed a new one so I thought why not get the best. So I got a yellow top, but I never noticed any difference at all. I think this b/c the alt on the suburban was bigger then I needed. But I would still kill the battery for time to time pulling up some where to "do some thing"[sm=crossbonesgif.gif], and turn of the car and watch some family guy. The yellow tops are great for high amp output, not so much battery life. I don't have a problem with voltage drops in my accord, and I eventually want to upgrade my battery. But I want a battery with the longest life? Would I have to go with two batteries?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:07 PM

brands to consider are: kinetik, optima,stinger,odyssey,powermaster, ect.............

Old 07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I had a yellow top in my previous car, which was a suburban. I had about the same system I have now and I never noticed any voltage drops with the bass. But one day my battery went bad, and I needed a new one so I thought why not get the best. So I got a yellow top, but I never noticed any difference at all. I think this b/c the alt on the suburban was bigger then I needed. But I would still kill the battery for time to time pulling up some where to "do some thing"[sm=crossbonesgif.gif], and turn of the car and watch some family guy. The yellow tops are great for high amp output, not so much battery life. I don't have a problem with voltage drops in my accord, and I eventually want to upgrade my battery. But I want a battery with the longest life? Would I have to go with two batteries?
lol So how long would it last?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 PM

depends on how u use it, if drained to bad may not take charge. I listed other brands just as good/better pending your price range

Old 07-09-2007, 11:21 PM

man is there some poor info in this thread! to the original poster, first thing you should always do is upgrade the Big 3. its the cheapest way to get better performance out of your electrical system. if you have done that and feel its inadequate, then consider a high output alt next. thats basically all you need to worry about. a yellow top is a nice thing to have but its really not anything special unless you like to play your system without the car on. same goes for multiple bats. and its my personal opinion that caps are just a waste of money. theres a large debate on whether they are worth it or not to which there will be no answer. just do what i said, and youll be ok bro.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM

oh and big 3 does NOT add strain to your electrical system, it RELEASES strain if anything

Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

caps serve a purpose, if you have a car with a stock alternator that the headlights dim while youre driving on the highway you need to upgrade something, and regrounding the big 3 isnt going to solve your problem. Personal opinion doesnt hold up to much when it comes to fact that caps do exactly what they are suppose to when used properly.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

caps serve a purpose, if you have a car with a stock alternator that the headlights dim while youre driving on the highway you need to upgrade something, and regrounding the big 3 isnt going to solve your problem. Personal opinion doesnt hold up to much when it comes to fact that caps do exactly what they are suppose to when used properly.
ok, first, the big 3 is the best thing to do for dimming thats within a reasonable price. yeah, if your running 2500watts, big 3 alone wont cut it. but if your not running a whole lot and you got a little dimming, big 3 outta knock that out. btw, big 3 isnt just regrouding. big 3 is upgrading the alt to bat (+), bat to chassis (-), and chassis to block (-). and you should always use excessively large wire (i.e. 0awg).

caps prevent dimming to a degree, but does that make them good? no. they are another load on the alternator. just cause you cant see dimming doesnt mean everythings cherry. and just cause you got a little dimming, doent mean your gonna toast your alt. whether caps are worth it or not has long been debated, and there really is no answer, and there is no "fact" either

Quick Reply: Yellow Top Battery