Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

HAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Default RE: HAIL

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

What? Are you making fun of "Pops-a-dent"? But the tv commercial makes it look like it works so well! By hot glue are you referring to their "patent pending adhesive system"?
HAHA. Just kidding. I know... that thing looks like a peice of crap. I wanted to put the link on here in case anyone would say it works because I have never heard either way. It looks like a decent concept, but I think that is a "too-good-to-be-true" product.
Actually, the pops-a-dent thing works pretty well. Sometimes tho the glue doesnt come right off and you have to rub it with some WD. But other than that for the price its worth a try. "I own a Pops-a-dent system you should too" [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 AM

i would think about the pops a dent but i dont think theyll be able to pop these hail dents out. the dents arent actually that big. i really dont know what to do. i guess i might have to go to a body shop for an extimate for PDR. i think im most concerned about the pletniful of little dents on the roof where it might be easier to jsut get it filled and painted but hey i think ill PDR a try. oh abd btw PDR is paintless dent removal.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Default Re: Hail

You could put those fake bullet holes over each of the dents and make it look like your one bad dude!

Last edited by tradosaurus; 08-25-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: tradosaurus

You could put those fake bullet holes over each of the dents and make it look like your one bad dude!

haha! now thats an idea!!! wish i woulda thoht of that one!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Default HAIL hail IS paintless dent repair the way to go.

Hi Everyone my beautiful brand new to me 2009 Honda Accord 6 Black w black leather was in a hail storm, lived here 66+ years and firsttime this happened. Anyway I went to my bodyshop I have been going to for two generations, He gave me a $3000 estimate, went to allstate drive in and the guy said that he was right on the money if paint were to be used. He gave me $600 for PDR. My guy went ape. Said if you use that you are going to ruin your car. Called another shop and the fellow said " its not a bad thing". I was very upset all day. First guy spoke to allstate and has not got back to me. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know about this pdr I know it saves allstate money but I plan on keeping this car. BTW I bought the dent puller when I thought I had 8 dents have about 80. Dent puller broke on first try.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM

I've heard good stories about the PDR. Give it a try since your car insurance will pay for it.

By the way my 6 yr old Accord (at the time) was in a severe hailstorm. Dents all over the place. I took the $1600 insurance check an ran.

I figure for $1600 the dents didn't look that bad.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Administrator

If any one cares to read this post-I will Tell you the best way to see any hail damage on your car..It's called a Timeing Gun..borrow one and see what I'm talking about..even if you don't think you have hail damage..try it and you may have that damage..

WheelBrokerAng