Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Helping cleaning roof/A-pillar

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Default Helping cleaning roof/A-pillar

Hello All!

Just got my first Accord this past weekend. It's a Silver 04 EX-L V-6. I love it so far (and I came from a BMW M3!). The car drives great, has tons of features and is an awesome value for the money!

Anyway, I bought it from a dealer who gets them off of lease and doesn't recondition them (to save me some cash). Therefore, the interior of the car, namely the roof, A-pillar and side curtain air-bag wear the seatbelt comes in, could use a little cleaning to get off some stains and wear. I am wondering if anyone knows the best solution to getting it clean without ruining the material or causing it to sag?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Default RE: Helping cleaning roof/A-pillar

This should help:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...post?id=226553

The best is steam. Steamers are available for rent at many places.....a GOOD one not the $19.95 closeouts at Big Lots.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

This should help:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...post?id=226553

The best is steam. Steamers are available for rent at many places.....a GOOD one not the $19.95 closeouts at Big Lots.
Thanks for the tip. Looks like some useful information.

I was hoping to avoid having to do anything involving renting equipment. Does anyone know anything about using the following with respect to the roof on an Accord?

1) Magic Eraser (I used this on a Tahoe I had and it suprisingly worked pretty well)
2) Armor All Upolstry Cleaner (or any other brand)
3) A household carpet cleaner

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM

Check my web page under the "Wonders of Woolite " button.

http://www3.telus.net/jesstzn/

Old 04-16-2008, 06:18 AM

I was hoping to avoid having to do anything involving renting equipment. Does anyone know anything about using the following with respect to the roof on an Accord?

Did you even read it? The majority of the article is how to clean those areas without steam. As Jesstzn has pointed out Woolite can work wonders. I prefer it cut 10 to 1 with water but we all have our own recipes.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Jesstzn

I've tried several times but never could get your site to load completely. I'm sure it's not on my end, just a heads up.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM

Did you even read it? The majority of the article is how to clean those areas without steam. As Jesstzn has pointed out Woolite can work wonders. I prefer it cut 10 to 1 with water but we all have our own recipes.
I did read the article, and the tips for non-steam cleaning were very helpful. But in your quote you cut out the section that I was looking to see if anyone had tried, which included the magic eraser, Armor all or other carpet cleaning.

Thanks for the tip on Woolite though. I may give that a try first.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM

The magic eraser is slightly abrasive and would not be a good choice at all. The headliner will be pulled out of shape by the ME. Folex is a top carpet cleaner suitable for headliner if used carefully. Wal-Mart has it but Woolite is safer overall.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Jesstzn

I've tried several times but never could get your site to load completely. I'm sure it's not on my end, just a heads up.
Whats not loading .. loads completely here and on my wifes PC .. my neighbors .. my sons

Check your settings ..

Old 04-20-2008, 04:41 PM

I can't get the site to load at all. I did check all settings. The pictures come in then go away. I left it for five minutes and it never did load. Tried several times but to no avail. Just one of those computer things I guess. No problems elsewhere.