Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Need input on cleaning car's ceiling.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:02 PM
dj.fli4rt
Unregistered
Default Need input on cleaning car's ceiling.

hey guys, haven't been on the forum for awhile but glad to be back. when it comes to taking care of the interior of my car, i'm constantly keeping it clean and making sure it's in pristine condition or near it. however, i've notice that the ceiling of my car is getting stained with handprints, outside dust and pollutants, and stains from rain water (window was opened a little when it was rainin'). i was wondering if you guys have any tips or products i can use to clean them off. so far i've used a generic spot removers (pretty dumb on my part. i get what i paid for. ) and it pretty much have minimal effect. i was thinking of the old soap and water technique but want to hear out on what you guys have to say (i want to avoid damaging my interior even more-!). Also, are there any techniques to minimize more stains e.g. scotch guarding-?. i drive a 2003 accord. thanks in advance-!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Default RE: Need input on cleaning car's ceiling.

If you are talking about the headliner a diluted solution of Woolite and water dabbed on with a folded terry towel or sponge is very effective. I can't speak on the prevention, never tried it.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Digi
Unregistered

I have also heard of babywipes working well. It worked on new Beetles headliner but I am not sure how it would work on the Accord. Worth a try...

Old 07-14-2006, 11:29 PM

I assume you don't have the vinyl headliner like my 91? I just clean it like the dash, have been for a few years....no problems.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
cyrus14
Unregistered

Maybe some type of carpet cleaner that you spray on a foam and it "lifts" the stain. Or Oxyclean (test a hidden area first for anything).