Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Default Wet Paint?

Hey anyone (probably RTexasF).....have you used the Wet Paint on any wheels? Mine are the factory wheels off my brothers 1990 Legend, the aluminum alloys (except I used Honda center caps). They can look really nice just after I have polished them, but get pretty bad after a little while. It takes me a couple hours to polish them, don't want to do that every weekend. I was curious if the wet paint would make a good sealer or perhaps a polish itself?

I just ordered some, my brother has a el cheapo paint job that is about year and a half old, has a nice mineral-looking white glaze over it [>:]. We are hoping it will make it look better. My paint is only about 6mos old and it was done by a pro, but if I like the stuff I will probably use it on there too.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Default RE: Wet Paint?

I do use it on wheels for both cleaning and sealing. Once applied (I do it twice in a row) it makes them so slick that brake dust doesn't stick as readily and wipes or rinses right off. It should help the el cheapo paint job look a bit better but you'll have to be the judge of that.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:54 PM

I am sure it will help it look better.....it looked good at first. A good wax/polish would make it look better.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: fireballer44

I am sure it will help it look better.....it looked good at first. A good wax/polish would make it look better.

Be extremely careful when using polish on a cheapy paint job.......it can remove paint/clearcoat and make a real mess. You're better off using a glaze like WP to cover the imperfections rather than risking taking the paint or clear coat off or scuffing it requiring more steps to correct the boo boo. IF it can be corrected at all.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Yeah I am going to do the Wet Paint, I think it will work out fine. We have done it with the consumer polishes (like the Meguiars stuff) and it helps is out a lot.

BTW, check out my new post, you seem to know about paint, etc.....I have a little something that popped up that I am half worried about.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 PM

Tell us how it comes out and show some pics!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:51 AM
Administrator

The Wet Paint after two coats like Tex said just makes the Brake dust just float away from the wheels..amazing product that just works everywhere there is a hard surface...you guys otta see my Washer and Dryer now, hurts your eyes to look at them..3 coats on them now Tex

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

ORIGINAL: fireballer44

Yeah I am going to do the Wet Paint, I think it will work out fine. We have done it with the consumer polishes (like the Meguiars stuff) and it helps is out a lot.

BTW, check out my new post, you seem to know about paint, etc.....I have a little something that popped up that I am half worried about.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM

It is amazing how many uses you find for it.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 AM

OK I think I'm going to order some of this some in the next month or so, but I've got a few questions.

Does it replace the use of the conventional carnauba wax? How often does it need to be applied?

I don't have a buffer, so should I even bother with it now or should I wait until I do have a buffer?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 AM

This will answer your questions:

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/detailing.html

Quick Reply: Wet Paint?