Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint & Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Wet Paint & Wax?

ORIGINAL: peterSS

Yeah that's what I thought, so I WP it yesterday, nice stuff, I used something like that but thicker so I couldn't spray it, but this works very good.
And my tip is, dry your car well cause it causes additional smears. I have no garage so did that on fresh air; right after rain I washed the car, dried it and WP it . I did that once only. No difference in look cause it's a new car, but it creates a great protection film which would help with cleaning and washing, water repealing etc. I think it's worth buying.
cheers
The instructions tell you it is for use on a dry car. It can be used with water on the paint but much more product is required and, as you said, the possibility of smears is there. Use it on a dry car!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Well I said I dried up the car, some water always will trap in the door jams or behind lights and actually on the product website says;
"7) What will happen if I polish over wet areas on my car?

It is quite permissible to use Wet Paint on wet surfaces, provided they aren’t too wet. A "too wet" vehicle is one that has been heavily rained upon or is beading copious amounts of water due to previous Wet Paint applications. The horizontal surfaces on the vehicle may simply contain too much water for that to be practical.

If the vehicle is not excessively wet, however, simply apply Wet Paint more liberally than normal; then, rub it into the finish until it produces the same hazy film associated with dry vehicle polishing. All other bottle directions remain the same. Note, too, that the vehicle may be both wet AND dirty."

So I thought to myself few drops of water won't hurt it, but IMO it not helping at all. It's just way easier to work on completely dry car, no smears.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

X - Kote is in Canada only for now and sold as a franchise only. It is quite remarkable but costs big bucks to get on the wagon.
you mean to buy into the franchise or to get the product? I'd like to restore my roof. It has clearcoat bubbles and when it's not spray detailed, it looks like crap (to me anyway!).

Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM

As I understand the product is only available to authorized applicators. That means they have a full fleged business and are a franchise. I'll double check on this and report back asap.

EDIT: It is not available for purchase to the public. You must be an authorized distributor or an X-Kote shop that applies it and has been professionally trained.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM

that would really suck! I want to fix my roof if it's as simple as a wax-like product!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Unless you live close to an authorized applicator in Canada a good body shop is your only choice. X-Kote will not instantly repair peeling clear from what I have read.........nothing will. Strip, polish, & reclear is the only choice.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM

It's not peeling and you can't feel it, but at the right angle, you can see the sun damage. Seems like the perfect fix. We should have an X-Coat guy on here that I can convince to sell me enough for an application or 2.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Flygti32
Unregistered

Originally Posted by falkore24
It's not peeling and you can't feel it, but at the right angle, you can see the sun damage. Seems like the perfect fix. We should have an X-Coat guy on here that I can convince to sell me enough for an application or 2.
I'm going to bring this back from the dead here. My name is Jeramiah I run a detail shop called Clear Solutions in Prince Albert SK. I am the authorized distributor for X-Kote out here for the past 3 1/2 years. I stumbled upon this thread on google so I thought I would come in and answer any questions you guys might have about the product.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RTexasF
WP alone will give a fantastic shine and protection. If you must use wax it ALWAYS goes on last. The next time you use WP it will remove the wax so it's pointless to wax at all. Just do WP twice in a row the first time for positive coveragethen as needed after that.

And let me tell You This..that old Bird knows what he's talking (typing) about...so do I..Ive used wet paint now for about 2 years thanks to the old bird