Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

1996 Honda accord Keeps stalling

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 09:41 PM
Default 1996 Honda accord Keeps stalling

Hello everyone, I currently have a 1996 Honda Accord 2.7L, V6 Automatic trans. This has been an ongoing thing for about a year and a half and I am at complete defeat. The miles on the car are around 183,000 miles on the car. It has been the same problem other than one time. The ignition coil went bad. We replaced that, but ever since then we have had these problems. When the car is cold it will act completely normal. After about 15 to 20 minutes of driving, The car will surge like its starving for fuel. It will loose all power and soon die. You can start it back up and rev it fine in park, but when you put it back in drive, it starts to surge and RPMS freak out. The first time this happened 8 months ago, we took it to the shop and they had said that the engine was over heating. But after a short period of time of letting the car cool down, it would act normal.The cooling fans were not running. They had fixed that, and the car was driving perfectly fine. Last tuesday i was sitting in traffic and it was doing the same thing that happened 8 months ago. I was down right confused, did i not have the fans on? But after an hour of waiting for the car to cool off, it still wouldnt drive. I got it towed and looked it over again. I let the car idle for about 45 mins finding out the fans were not turning on. I decided to look at them and got them to run with the cabin fan on and my ac button on. Today it happened again. It drove fine to work and school. I decided to take a 15 minute drive and the car started surging again. I got it towed again and decided to look into things, because the fans are running, but this is something else. My fuel pump relay has been replaced, Its not that. I have a google drive linked to show videos of exactly what the car is doing. Any suggestions would be amazing. Here is the link>>> Honda accord stalling

Last edited by jacobkane0317; 02-11-2020 at 11:37 AM.