Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

1999 Accord Ex V6

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation 1999 Accord Ex V6

Whats up guys, I need some help trying to figure this car out. Its a 99 V6 Accord and Im not getting brake lights. Ive done the obvious and checked the fuses and Im getting no power to the fuses on that side. I have tried to look for the pdf file on here to download the service manual but I haven't been able to find it. This is a new addition to my Honda collection so I dont know whos had their gubby little hands on it. So they could've unhooked something, I dont know. But Im not getting power to the tail lights, radio, clock, and dashlights. There maybe more but that's all ive came across. Any help would be AWESOME! Thanks

Old 10-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Please clarify, are you talking about your taillights or your brake lights? Two separate circuits.

FWIW, a chipmunk chewed through my wiring harness and disabled many of the lights you referenced above, however, the brake lights still operated correctly.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by shipo
Please clarify, are you talking about your taillights or your brake lights? Two separate circuits.

FWIW, a chipmunk chewed through my wiring harness and disabled many of the lights you referenced above, however, the brake lights still operated correctly.
I was talking about my brake and tail. However I have fixed the issue. Someone had put a fuse in its wrong location. I found the link on here for the Service Manual for this car and I was able to figure it out. Once I put the right fuse in its spot, I had power to the fuse panel. I still didn't have bake lights. But further digging lead me to finding out that there was another component missing. It was the brake light failure sensor, which is located on the back of the drivers side tail light. The one for a coupe is located above the L/R wheel well near the strut mount. Thanks for the potential help tho. I have had trouble in the past trying to find answers on forums like this, so hopefully this will help someone in the future.