Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

2.2 vs. 2.7 Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2.2 vs. 2.7 Worth It?

i'll have to agree w/ Jon... it's gonna be soooo hard to beat that Nova w/out spending a serious amount of $$$... what u have to do is bet like 100 on u, then, give one of ur pals 1000 and bet on ur boss's car... that way u'll win cash! (that is, if it's a really big bet and everyone is in on it!)

after thinking about it... it's a stupid idea... just fotget about it... :P

Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM

Turbo and rebuild the F22 with forged internals, so you can drop a 200 wet shot in it, then you'd have a pretty good chance

Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 AM

how could i forget the magic of a nitrous shot???? how long do u think the internals will last that way? (im not so well informed w/ nitrous) thanxs falkore!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM

hes got a blown supercharged 327 in it, small block, its pretty quick, but not raceworthy, not in my eyes, mostly he thinks that it cannot be touched by a "ricer" he and I are good friends, he's actually going to help me build it, so its a friendly competition.

Now, hes got a 396 big block '70 nova that hes working on, almost complete, but he has so much extra stuff in it (vintage air, subs, amps, etc.) i think it will slow him down massively

I had a friend with a turbo prelude that would definitely beat it, thats why i think i can too. to answer the other question, this is not only to beat my boss's car, i'm tuning this so i can make some of these hillbillies around here with their chevelles and cudas look silly too. I know its not going to happen overnight, i have patience, "revenge is a dish best served cold." the f22 in it now is pretty solid, but i'm not sure whther to go with the t3/t04 or the t25 turbo. i dont wanna ebay this thing together... money is not an object, can save for the good stuff, i'd just like to take the collective knowledge of this forum and build a sweet 10 second car. This isnt going to be a daily driver, only shows and races. once i get the kit for it (next month) I plan on airbrushin it myself, i can do the body but if you guys can work me through the mechanics of it (i'm not completely lost) i think i can build a car worthy of this forum.. and an accord that will make peoples heads spin. i'm thinking mabye by fall having it complete, depending on how well it comes together.

Thanks everyone for the input keep it coming

Old 12-07-2007, 11:59 AM

no accord will do 10 seconds! too much wind resistance! with the nitrous, the weakest point is the piston since it will be getting hit with cutting torch heat ..... wet systems keep this to a lower temp, but still very hot. If you use forged internals, a low compression piston and tack weld in a block guard, you will be able to run a good race. You will also need poly engine mounts, 2 torsion dampers and a launch style linear spring suspension. A CF hood and trunk would help a little, and electronics are a must .... ZEX plugs only b/c the ignition system that you will need will burn off an iridium tip. What else ..... E-Manage, MSD or Jacobs (with launch control), one of those specialized nitrous controllers with WOT and window switches that vary by gear .... nice project!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: falkore24

no accord will do 10 seconds! too much wind resistance! with the nitrous, the weakest point is the piston since it will be getting hit with cutting torch heat ..... wet systems keep this to a lower temp, but still very hot. If you use forged internals, a low compression piston and tack weld in a block guard, you will be able to run a good race. You will also need poly engine mounts, 2 torsion dampers and a launch style linear spring suspension. A CF hood and trunk would help a little, and electronics are a must .... ZEX plugs only b/c the ignition system that you will need will burn off an iridium tip. What else ..... E-Manage, MSD or Jacobs (with launch control), one of those specialized nitrous controllers with WOT and window switches that vary by gear .... nice project!!!
Plus the accord is front wheel drive. Front wheel drive can only do so much against a rwd.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:42 PM

If you want a 10 second Honda, you are gonna have to get a Civic. You can try, but you are going to have to GUT the Accord.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Sounds to me like it will take a few years to get all this stuff...not cheap u know..

Old 12-08-2007, 08:23 AM

A lot of that is overkill and not explained very well. 2point6 on Honda-Tech is doing 12's in a CB7 with an N/A 2.6L H22.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:52 PM

10 seconds? While we're dreamin', how 'bout fwd to rwd conversion with a bmw or porsche engine/trans to get really sleepy on 'em! Solid I-beam front axle like the rodders do.
Or body swap your accord onto a skyline chassis.
I saw a v8 miata in a magazine, why not an accord?
Rwd with a motown 454 small block and th400?

JUST SAY NO TO THE 2.7!
I have one, and there is almost NO parts/mods for it anywhere.[] It is a good engine for daily use though.
That motown 454 small block is FOR REAL and it would be killer in an accord blow-up project.

Quick Reply: 2.2 vs. 2.7 Worth It?