Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

92 Accord Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:29 PM
ryankalel
Unregistered
Default 92 Accord Problems

Hello everyone....I have got a 92 Accord with some engine problems that I am having a hard time diagnosing. Fuel pump ok, fuel filter ok. It tried to start, cranks but just want fully start.

Spark? Electrical? Ignition module? Sometimes it will start, sometimes it won't.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Default RE: 92 Accord Problems

maybe plugs, wires,ignition ,rotor cap, or air filter. Check your plugs and see if they look good, check some of the other things.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ok just give us some more info and we can probably help you out...how often does it not start....when it starts does it run good? does it only exhibit the problem when its warm?

Old 03-28-2006, 01:37 AM
ryankalel
Unregistered

I went out to work on it today. Replaced the sparks, Autolite's were in it and not gapped correctly. NGK's put it and gapped. Rotor, cap, wires all good. Check for spark and I am getting that too.

Loosened a bolt on the fuel rail and had someone watch as I tried to crank the engine and fuel came out. So I have fuel to the fuel rail.

My bro came over to help and we shot in some starter fluid and it started up with some pedal coaxing. We left it on for about 15 minutes. Turned it off and let it sit for a couple of minutes then restarted. Restarts, cranks goes to about 2K and then peters out and dies. Then tried to restart it and it just cranks over. More starter fluid, started went for a test drive. Acceleration is good.....about 5 minutes into the drive waited at a stop light for about 1 minute, light green, died and would not restart. Finally got it home..........NOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got spark, fuel to the fuel rail.......Injectors clogged? If so why would it accelerate fine.....arghhhhhh.

thanks again

Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 AM
ryankalel
Unregistered

Nvermind, just did some searching and found that more than likely it is my main relay.

thanks

Old 03-28-2006, 01:57 PM

Gald you got it working! If you find that site again and it fixes your problem could you post a link? Thanks...

Old 07-02-2006, 03:08 AM
MidlothianGuy78
Unregistered

Hey guy,
Would you happen to know where I could get an electrical wiring digram online? My sis has a 92 Accord and my dad needs to figure something to fix something. If you can, please post the link. Thanks!!!
-IR

Old 07-02-2006, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ryankalel

Nvermind, just did some searching and found that more than likely it is my main relay.

thanks
Your main relay may be bad but i doubt it's your only problem. Have you checked it for cracked solder joints?

Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM

yea that does not sound like a main relay problem at all.