Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

93 Accord EX m/t

Old 05-19-2017, 09:21 AM
Default 93 Accord EX m/t

So I'm having a problem with my 93 accord EX. Not too long after I replaced my alternator & spark plugs/wires my car would turn off whenever I would come to a stop while driving. I'd press the clutch to shift down & it would turn off. The oil & battery icons light up. I'm not low on engine oil although I'm not sure if it's tranny fluid & the battery isn't old. Any recommendations or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

How does it idle when you're just sitting stopped?

Just for grins, try these 2 things.

- coasting approaching a stop, shift to neutral & immediately take your foot off the clutch pedal - does it still die?

- idle in neutral if it's stable - then just press down the clutch pedal without doing anything else

Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM

It still turned off after I had shifted into neutral. If I come to a complete stop I have to crank it once or twice before it turns on again

Old 05-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

That's good - it rules out a bad thrust bearing which can allow the clutch to push the crankshaft over a bit.

Check this out...
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...e-speed-38734/
Set the "base" idle like that, including all the stuff I mention for you to check out first.

Honda idle-control system doesn't really get along with ad-hoc adjustments for "personal preference".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.