Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

AEM Water Injection Systems

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Default AEM Water Injection Systems

I came across it on a site. Generally it cools the engine down? Anyone running this? Pros? Cons? Apparently its capable of 50% Alcohol mixture w/water. Thanks again folks

Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: AEM Water Injection Systems

I've never heard of it.I always thought our Honda engines ran cool enough. "Cooler" does notnecessarily mean "better" when it comes to engines. IMO it would be pointless on a stock engine. maybe even damaging....

Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Used mostly on boosted engine to help cool the intake air...kinda pointless on a stock motor. I've never really like the idea of injecting a water "mist" into my engine even if it is mixed with alcohol/methanol.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 AM

sounds like the mistibishi evo button forsparying water on there intercooler. Not a bad idea if you got a boosted accord, other wise not really good for stock motor. Honda cooling system is very good.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM

nah .... the system that he is talking about sprays into the intake air. It can improve power given the proper conditions, which aren't present in a stock NA motor. It can help with high pressure boosts where the charge is hot enough to vaporze the water causing evaporative cooling and a denser charge. It is used sometimes in jet engines where the multi-stage compressor bosts are huge.

The EVO and STI both spray washer fluid on the intercoolers, but from what I've read, it doesn't do anything mainly because water has a muuch higher capacitance than air so the evaporative effect is negated by the capacitance of the water. The result is that the spray system can really only improve power output in desert climate, but it's a good idea.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM

now i know lol thanks everyone.

What else can i get for my engine then other then the basics? I know i can only do so much being that its an automatic. But since you guys been on this forum, for a while and know more, any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on doing the pulleys, header, and maybe exhaust. Anything else??

Old 10-27-2007, 03:33 PM

as for basic bolt-on's that's about all you have. Anything beyond pulleys, header, intake and exhaust requires a lot more work. New cams, lightweight flywheel, short shifters (easy bolt on), machine work, trubo, nitrous etc. are all do-able but they require a lot more effort.

You could also do basic ignition stuff like plugs, wires (if you have them, can't recall what year has the direct coil system), and things of that nature for a more consistent hotter spark but that's only going to improve/smooth out throttle response slightly and not really add any HP

Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM

That's a trick from World War II piston driven aircraft. As mentioned, there is no practical application for a normally aspirated daily driver.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:40 PM

6th gen? V6? Automatic?
TRANNY COOLER!

it wont increase performance, but 6th gen V6 auto trannys have terrible transmissions, expect it to crap out pretty soon. A tranny cooler will extend the life of your transmission.