Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel Additives

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Fuel Additives

yeeeeah, thats why i use optima yellow top...... you dont have to deal with any of that.... whats that? completely drained your battery and your worried it wont work anymore? recharge it...... guess what.... it will

i use lucas fuel injector cleaner i havent had any problems with it, in my old saturn i use to use rubbing alc, but no one sells the type that i used anymore

Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM

funny you should mention rubbing alcohol.... my friend used to buy just the store bought 100% rubbing alcohol and add it to his fuel at each fill up... it actually gave him a little better throttle response but there's no telling what it did to his vehicle.... quite amusing really...

Old 11-03-2006, 05:12 PM

So what is the conclusion of this discussion? The baking soda paste is useless..... and for fuel injector cleaner, I should use branded stuff... what about STP fuel injector cleaner? My car has gas tank of 21 gallons and it is almost empty now... should I just put one bottle of it and then fill the tank with gas? Is there anything else I can add that might clean the engine cylinders as well? I dont think I am much confrotable using seafoam in vac line and other places mentioned before. But putting 1/3rd bottle of seafoam just in the gas tank will work or do I have to put it in other 2 places mentioend too ??

Thanks

Old 11-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Also, I have a newbie question... where are these brake vac line and crankcase located?

Old 11-03-2006, 06:12 PM

Do a search for other threads with Seafoam. OK to use in vac line as directed. Only difference I would add is leave it for 30 minutes to really soak into the carbon and crud. When you start it, don't let it idle! Get going and drive a steady 3000 RPM for about 3 miles. That's how long it will smoke for, and you'll want to have the car moving so as not to upset your neighbors.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM

So what is the conclusion of this discussion?

The baking soda paste is useless.....

and for fuel injector cleaner, I should use branded stuff...

what about STP fuel injector cleaner? My car has gas tank of 21 gallons and it is almost empty now... should I just put one bottle of it and then fill the tank with gas? Is there anything else I can add that might clean the engine cylinders as well? I dont think I am much confrotable using seafoam in vac line and other places mentioned before. But putting 1/3rd bottle of seafoam just in the gas tank will work or do I have to put it in other 2 places mentioend too ??

Also, I have a newbie question... where are these brake vac line and crankcase located?

Thanks a lot

Old 11-10-2006, 04:37 PM

Sorry for posting again on this topic, but no one replied when I posted this conclusion last time.. I just wanted to double-check !

The baking soda paste is useless.....

and for fuel injector cleaner, I should use branded stuff...

what about STP fuel injector cleaner? I just bought one bottle of concentrated one of it. My car has gas tank of 21 gallons and it is almost empty now... should I just put one bottle of it and then fill the tank with gas? Is there anything else I can add that might clean the engine cylinders as well? I dont think I am much confrotable using seafoam in vac line and other places mentioned before. But putting 1/3rd bottle of seafoam just in the gas tank will work or do I have to put it in other 2 places mentioend too ??

Thanks a lot

Old 12-15-2006, 02:12 PM

Get yourself a can of BG44K power enhancer. The best stuff out there to clean the fuel line and injectors. It also removes the carbon and cleans the upper cylinder and valves. Most car dealer service department stocks this stuff or you can find it on Ebay. Believe me there is nothing better out there just add to gas.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Default Marine stable

CAn I use marine stable in my tank to help mitigate the damage from ethanol?1993 Accord.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

What's "marine stable"? You mean a marine version of StaBil? I think it's not really a "cleaner" but rather it prevents gasoline from becoming "stale".

What exactly is damaged from ethanol? It's got less energy than pure gasoline, but not really dirty-burning.