Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel Injectors Help (98 Accord Lx)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
freakrz
Unregistered
Default Fuel Injectors Help (98 Accord Lx)

Hi i own a 98 accord lx, i am looking to work on improving the performance,currently i have DC headers + AEM cold air intake + OBX-R Twin Cat Back Exhaust + Autolite Platinum Plugs.I would like to modify the fuel injectors,

Now my doubts are...if i am changing the fuel injectors ,should i also look to change the fuel rail.what else should i look for while upgrading the fuel injectors?

i have seen fuel injectors with 550cc 700 ....etc...what do they mean and what should i look for.how much gain in HP would be there Approx...can someone suggest me a good place to look for the injectors and any specific manufacturers?

I was checking out the AEM Fuel Rail (for $150)...is it really worth it or are there some good stuff out there much better for the pricing.

How much labour time would it be to install the fuel injectors and the fuel rail?

Thank You for your inputs any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Default RE: Fuel Injectors Help (98 Accord Lx)

From reading around on this forum andanother I have not seen many people who believe upgrading the injectors or fuel rail is going to give you any gains unless you are running nitrous or boost.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I've inquired about the same thing. Like 00Accord said, most people don't recommend it. Also, the fuel rail won't do anything unless you increase the flow (ie.- injectors, pump and regulator). If you decide to enlarge the injectors, you will need to be able to adjust the fuel curve as well and I'm told that my V-AFC isn't really good enough for this. Finally, if the injectors are oversized too much, you will have trouble starting the car in the winter due to the choke flooding the engine.

Also, you will get a lot more responses if you add year/doors/trim info to your signature ..... and that is a rule for posting on this forum.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM
freakrz
Unregistered

Thanx guys....well i prefer not to do much on the engine then.
i just wanna do it for fun and not on serious stuff....