Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel pump

Old 03-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Default Fuel pump

Yeah I just got my H22 swaped in my accord this past-weekend. I drove it home lastnight and I ran it pretty much out of gas, The car originally has 176,000. So today I went and got 5 gallons of premium and turned it over, all it does is turn over. I had someone turn the key on so I could listend for the fuel pump, and I cannot hear it kick on, so I think its the pump, if anyone else has any suggestions on what it might be tell me.Also is the pump inside or outside of the tank? Thanks

Old 03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Default RE: Fuel pump

Have you confirmed wether or not you're getting spark?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:23 PM

No I havn't checked that yet, but I dont see why I wouldn't be getting spark after it was running and it's all basically new under the hood, but I will check, Thanks

Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 PM

I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion but with honda's on a fuel injected system can you remove the air intake and spray carb cleaner or something flamable like that into the throttle body to help start it? Like an old school carb system... or will it screw something up?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 PM

Im not sure, I dont see if you only put a little in there that it won't hurt anything, wrong person to ask.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:20 AM

If you start a motor with carb cleaner it can damage the 02 sensors.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 AM

well thats why I said Im not the person to ask, because I don't know about that lol, Oh I found out that my fuse blew for my fuel injection, so I put a new fuse(15amp) in and the pump came on and then it blew again, so then put a 20amp, blew when it turned over, put a 30amp, blew as soon as I turned the key on, I don't know whats going on, I think I have a short but don't know where? or whats causing it to blow, can anyone help? Thanks Dakota

Old 03-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

blah blah i have so many ideas. dont put any bigger fuses in it. what computer are you using? wrong injectors.... if you are using peak and hold injectors you need a resistor box. if you are using high impedence injectors you must NOT have a resistor box.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:07 PM

Im running the prelude computer, stock injectors, it was running before, I was thinking maybe the prelude engine and computer are working my stock fuel pump to much? or I just have a bad ground, or short. Im not sure what Im gonig to do

Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

we were talking about injector tech in the turbo help post. if your injectors are the wrong impedence.......they blow the computer, and if the computer blows, i bet it would take some fuses with it. you didnt change the wiring for the fuel pump right? the only other thing i could think of is maybe the main relay but that doesnt make any fuses blow... your probably running the wrong injectors. the computer may be blown, but even worse yet is that you put a 30 amp fuse in where only a 15 was supposed to go.... so just to start with a 30 amp surge went through the system before that fuses blew and then the wiring might not be able to handle 30 amps so it might have melted. im being pessimistic, but pretty much realistic at the same time. DO not put any more big *** fuses in there dammit. if a fuse blows, something made it blow. you dont need a bigger fuse you need to fix the problem, and i bet its the injectors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump