Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Default RE: Fuel pump

I hope the dam ECU didn't blow!!!!, I talked to two honda mechanics, and one chrysler mechanic, they all think its just a crimped wire and its grounding on the body, you keep on saying injectors, but I don't see how it would be them because they are all stock, the ones that came in the car, and were running off of the same prelude ECU, I just bought a Haynes guide book and Im going to start following the wires related to the fuel system see if I see any of them crimped, how can I tell if it's the injectors?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:32 PM

well if you had the wrong impedence, the injectors will be fine. It's your ECU that's going to be melted. You can find the ECU under the passenger's side carpet, under a kick plate. You can pop it open and look for some burnt circuit board and you might even smell the damage...

Old 03-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you using the injectors that were on your old motor in your accord or are you using the injectors that came with the h22? is the computer an obd1? is the motor an obd 1.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:29 PM

I am using the injestors that came with it and the OBD1 ECU that came off of the prelude, it has to be a crimp wire or something, Im having a nightmare with this.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:50 PM

it definately could be a crimped wire or a short somewhere, there is definately a strong possibility of this. just whatever you do dont put any more fatty fuses in there thinking thats gonna fix the problem.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:37 PM

I know, I called hasport and they said most likely its not the harness since it ran for a day, I unhooked the fuel pump and turned the key on and it blew the fuse again, so I know its not my fuel pump, I looked all night lastnight for any bad wires, I don't know what to do?

Old 03-15-2006, 05:58 PM

and its so hard to try and give you advice over the net. just pull out your wiring diagrams and go through every single wire thats in that particular system. ill look through my manual here a little too..

Old 03-15-2006, 06:03 PM

ok im looking at the diagram now and it looks like everything feeds through the ecm main relay. i dont know where it is, but thats what is feeding the power thats blowing that fuse....which fuse is blowing fuse #4 or fuse #2? is it a 10 or a 7.5?

Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM

the fuel pump is also hooked up the main relay...... there is only one wire that goes to it....and then the ground comes off the fuel pump itself prolly on the body somewhere. ....really important here though......it does look like you need a resistor box for your injectors.. make sure that you have it or this will verge on certainty that this is your problem. if you need pics let me know...it does look like in my manual for the obd1 h22a that it absolutely requires a resistor box.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:08 PM

if you do have the resistor box....then your main relay might be bad. it should be located behind the glove box on the passenger side

Quick Reply: Fuel pump