Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

i need 20 hp cheap and easy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: i need 20 hp cheap and easy

1st) i agree on the weight reduction 100%.just dont think itll increase hp. (i like how someone said "MIGHT feel like gain in hp")
2nd) during this weight reduction, (if thats now part of your plan) you couldebay the items removed.

and before you ask, i have no idea what you could get for anything. but you might luck out. and if you get an exhaust setup that replaces or removes your cat, i hear a muffler shop will give you a few bucks for your old one.

3rd) i havent looked into it and never will for practicality reasons. butare there any nitrous setup in this guys budget?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

reducing the mass the engine has to rotate or even move will always improve things, but its an accord..... there isnt a huge amount of removeable mass that doesnt involve making the car look like someone stripped it for parts. Shy of of replaceing the hood, doors and trunk with fiberglass you arent going to remove large amount of weight. Granted some day i plan on replacing my hood with a fiberglass one.... I like the idea of a 25lb hood ^_^

But you still arent going to get 20hp worth out of it all

If you find a deal you can get a setup for around 300ish for running the bottle and if you take your time and make the right setup you can refuel it yourself for really cheap ^_-

Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

If you find a deal you can get a setup for around 300ish for running the bottle and if you take your time and make the right setup you can refuel it yourself for really cheap ^_-
i wouldnt wanna spray my accord, but "i need 20 hp cheap and easy" your gonna have to sacrifice something... why not your bottom end...[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

what exactly do you need the 20 hp for? You make it sound as if you're in dire need of the power to make a deadline or something. the easiest way with the least labor would have been to just buy the v6. even though my i4 is rated at 130hp i would swear it makes around 160... it at least feels more powerful than friends' cars that i drive. I/H/E for a little gain, i dont care what anyone says, a grounding ("earthing" as they say across the ocean) kit will improve responsive ness and the ebay ones are just fine @ $25 (Actually cheaper than making it yourself)

Old 08-25-2007, 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13

what exactly do you need the 20 hp for? You make it sound as if you're in dire need of the power to make a deadlineor something. the easiest way with the least labor would have been to just buy the v6. even though my i4 is rated at 130hp i would swear it makes around 160... it at least feels more powerful than friends' cars that i drive. I/H/E for a little gain, i dont care what anyone says, a grounding ("earthing" as they say across the ocean) kit will improve responsive ness and the ebay ones are just fine @ $25 (Actually cheaper than making it yourself)
i was wondering this myself. maybe a bet, and the other guy came through with a dyno to prove the winner?