Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

I need help with my 2010 honda accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Default I need help with my 2010 honda accord coupe

Hello my fellow Honda drivers
I am a new member here so please take things easy on me. I am going to explain my issues and any help would be much appreciated.

Last year (July 2010) i purchased a brand new Honda accord coupe the 4 Cylinders. the car is sexy i took it to a shop and added some tints on it and i was all set.
However, after a while i started to feel like the car didn't have any performance like NON! ( my friends 2011 Insight would handle my A*S any time) then i started having fuel issues i realized my car was giving me 16 MPG yes 16 MPG (my friends 1992 Buick V6 3.8L got better gas millage than my car when we went on a trip to Vegas around 270 miles 23 MPG for my Honda vs 24 for his BUICK) anyway i called Honda and after all the BS and testing they got 16 MPG too! they told me that they had to discuss it with their managers and stuff, but then they called me back and told me that 16 MPG is normal, and that my case is closed. I felt like i was robbed! i am a student i don't have the money for lawyers and all...
anyhow, after sometime i decided to put a cold air intake hoping it'll change something... it did but not to that extend.
any car could beat my Honda (drag races)the car is really heavy and slow. also Honda told me if the engine light is not on it means everything is working properly. so now i have a 4 cylinder that spends like a V8 and it gives me the preeminence of a bicycle.

so here is my question if you have a car like my car a 2010 Honda accord coupe 4 Cylinders, are you having somewhat the same issue? or if you know anything about this topic or car can you please enlighten me?

I really appreciate the feedback.

Attached Thumbnails I need help with my 2010 honda accord coupe-35747_445194325545_592465545_6398483_128554_n.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM

Welcome.

First of all do you have the original window sticker? It would have the EPA MPG.

Otherwise go to Find a Car and look up your car.
What I see is that a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe (4 cylinder) should get 22 mpg City and 31 mpg Hwy.

I would also check your tire pressure and make sure it is at least 40 psi and no higher than the maximum sidewall pressure rating of the tire. Also loosen and retorque the lug nuts to 80 ft-lbs (or whatever the Honda Coupe manual states).

I would take off the cold air intake as that makes mpg worse (good for HP though). Put everything back to stock before the MPG tests and if you take the car in for warranty make sure everything is back to stock so the dealer can't void the warranty.

But take it on the highway for about 30 miles and set the cruise. Reset the mpg meter and see what you get.

If after all that you are still getting 16 mpg on the highway then you have a problem with the car. It should be under warranty.

The dealer is being dishonest and unfortunately you will have to proceed to a higher level in the Honda management chain.

Last edited by tradosaurus; 07-27-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Supper Moderator

well your gas millage can be change with your driving habits. Look into hyper milling. Also you can't void your warranty with a intake or muffler. Honda allows thos 2 mods without voiding anything.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Welcome.

First of all do you have the original window sticker? It would have the EPA MPG.

Otherwise go to Find a Car and look up your car.
What I see is that a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe (4 cylinder) should get 22 mpg City and 31 mpg Hwy.

I would also check your tire pressure and make sure it is at least 40 psi and no higher than the maximum sidewall pressure rating of the tire. Also loosen and retorque the lug nuts to 80 ft-lbs (or whatever the Honda Coupe manual states).

I would take off the cold air intake as that makes mpg worse (good for HP though). Put everything back to stock before the MPG tests and if you take the car in for warranty make sure everything is back to stock so the dealer can't void the warranty.

But take it on the highway for about 30 miles and set the cruise. Reset the mpg meter and see what you get.

If after all that you are still getting 16 mpg on the highway then you have a problem with the car. It should be under warranty.

The dealer is being dishonest and unfortunately you will have to proceed to a higher level in the Honda management chain.
unfortunately, i opened the case with honda of america that is the highest management chain. and i think the only thing left for me to do is to open a case against them...

Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
well your gas millage can be change with your driving habits. Look into hyper milling. Also you can't void your warranty with a intake or muffler. Honda allows thos 2 mods without voiding anything.
thanks for the reply!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 PM

how you making out with the issue bud?

Old 08-20-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by 8thGen_C47NAG3
how you making out with the issue bud?
i just bought a new car nissan altima and gonna get rid of my honda i love this car so much unfortunately honda lost a good costumer...

thank you for asking bro i really appreciate it.