Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Im about to give up on this engine

Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Default Im about to give up on this engine

I have been working 12 hour days on this engine to get it prepped for a rebuild and im about to rip the engine out of the bay and throw it away.... i have no hoist soi cant get to the belts all that easily... my heads bolts are cracking every socket i throw at it and i cant even get the exhaust manifold off because the guy before me did a ****ty job and ****ed it up.... what am i too do? i have the top of the intake manifold off, all the bolts off of the exhaust manifold, and all except of one of the intake manifold.... valve cover is off also.... i just want to drop this engine out so bad but I have no idea how.... I heard people saying use a jack for it... but someone explain to me how do i do this without crushing my oil pan and how do i rebuild it since i dont have a hoist.... the haynes manual is sucking right now but my friend offered to let me use his engine stand to hold the motor..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP>[:@]

Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Im about to give up on this engine

Air tools would be your friend here. Get a breaker bar for the stubborn studs/bolts and some PB blaster. If you're just replacing everything, cut the belts off.

Also...since you've already got like 2 threads about your engine, why not just keep updating those instead of making a new one every time.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:27 PM

go to pepboys or some auto store and get yourself a hoist, much easier.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:20 PM

im not really sure but does autozone let you loan a engine hoist? they have that "free tool loaning" you have to give them a deposit and theyll give it back when youre done

Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 PM

I wouldn't even attempt it without a hoist.