Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

MOdifying an intake Manifold??

Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Default RE: MOdifying an intake Manifold??

ORIGINAL: live2rice

nah that type of methanol, like the boost juice people run on FI so they can run more boost without detonation, you still run on gasoline, it just has methanol injection and in my case would have to be run all the time to prevent detonation if i decided to have 15:1 compression.

but i dont think i'll go that route
ohhh!! you mean ethanol/water injection. yeah thatd be fine. lol methane is kinda iffy. nitro methane is propane and oxygen its supposedly unlike anything else lol. like raw super NOS lol

Old 09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: clutch811

ohhh!! you mean ethanol/water injection. yeah thatd be fine. lol methane is kinda iffy. nitro methane is propane and oxygen its supposedly unlike anything else lol. like raw super NOS lol
Nah .... methanol injection is right for what he's talking about. Ethanol is coolant and water/meth injection is for boost applications to drop the boost charge temp so a denser charge gets into the cylinder. Since L2R is planning to be NA, the water injection is useless. The meth injection raises the effective octane so the 15:1 CR doesn't blow the motor up ....... which presents a little problem ....... what if the bottle runs out, the pump dies or you get a bad tank of gas???? On a high boost system, the water/meth system can restrict high boost when empty ..... on an NA that needs the injection, it goes boom!!!

Best bet is to design a system that can function on its own.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

yeah those were all things i had thought about, but i dont think i'm going to run that high of compression anyways, i'm just going to do the highest i can without the pistons coming out of the block, which with the h23 crank and rods is going to be around 13.

and if i have to run 110 octane so be it

Old 09-02-2008, 04:21 PM

110 is borderline reasonable ..... just keep a few bottles of drygas handy.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

ORIGINAL: clutch811

Nah .... methanol injection is right for what he's talking about. Ethanol is coolant and water/meth injection is for boost applications to drop the boost charge temp so a denser charge gets into the cylinder. Since L2R is planning to be NA, the water injection is useless. The meth injection raises the effective octane so the 15:1 CR doesn't blow the motor up ....... which presents a little problem ....... what if the bottle runs out, the pump dies or you get a bad tank of gas???? On a high boost system, the water/meth system can restrict high boost when empty ..... on an NA that needs the injection, it goes boom!!!

Best bet is to design a system that can function on its own.
haha sorry forgot the m lol. i meant methanol/water. i thought he was talking about methanol/methane fuel lol. as for ethanol...either drink it or get a flex fuel.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 AM

My bad .... I was thinking ethylene glycol > coolant. Ethanol > Everclear ..... yeah, drink it!!! You first!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM

there's a DIY on one of these sites that shows how to go to a TSX manifold, which is i guess the best manifold for our cars; but it turned out it didn't really provide any practical results for the work involved.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

My bad .... I was thinking ethylene glycol > coolant. Ethanol > Everclear ..... yeah, drink it!!! You first!
i figured thats what you meant lol. chemistry...theyre fairly similar. as for alcohol im not much of a drinker.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM

i found an f22b2 intake manifold on ebay and the guy wants 35+18 shipping. is that a good price. it has no sensors

Old 09-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

seems like a pretty god deal, i still doubt you will get any noticeable gains if you get it and dremel it out, but thats IHMO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MOdifying an intake Manifold??