Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

New Tranny & OBX Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: New Tranny & OBX Headers

ORIGINAL: Whitefoxx

Dont say **** if you dont know what yur talkin about BlkCurrantKordROOKIE. We are here to help people and give positive advice not say negative things.
LOL rookie? Ok kid, keep talking. I've said way more helpful things than negative. Besides, all I commented on was what you paid for them. Get over it.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Blkcurant i agree with u but let him do his thing...u live nd learn

Old 03-04-2008, 06:08 PM

So I gotta ask WhiteFox...how old are you? B/c when I get a pm like this -

You might not be a ROOKIE BlkCurrantKord, but from what you said thats how it seems. Wutever, so what would be a good price to pay for SS OBX Headers for a V6 SIX CYLINDERS? HUHHHHHHH WHERE THE F**** CAN YOU FIND OBX HEADERS for a V6 less then $250 ???????????? send me a link I want to see where you seen such a thing.
I would think you're right around 17yrs old.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM

Guys, drop it. As far as rookie or newbie ratings go, BCK knows more about cars than you do Whitefox. That doesn't mean that you don't know anything or have to feel discouraged, just stop the pi$$isng contest!

BCK, I agree with WhiteFox on the price of the headers. The V6 headers are around $250. 4-bangers get away cheap, but then again, most 4 cylinder Accords don't have the parts to actually gain performance from headers (obviously, some do).

Old 03-05-2008, 04:05 PM

Whatever I was just happy i was gettin my tranny fixed and headers installed, and a comment like "You over paid." pissed me off a little, LOL because I KNOW YOU CANT FIND IT FOR ANY CHEAPER. By the way BLACK im 23 and I dont need to put on a show for every one here thats why I PM you, obviously you cant reply to it thats why you had to post it for every one to see, HOW OLD ARE YOU??? LOL

ANYWAYZ LETS PUT THAT ALL ASIDE cuzz I got my car back yesterday, rebuilt tranny and the obx's installed SOUNDS AWSOME I could not be more happy, I highley recommend them. I will post up some pictures and vidoes tonight if i have some free time. FOX PS.THANX falkore24for your advice and help with the obx headers.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:54 PM

did you put a catback or a straight pipe??(meaning no catalytic convertor,no resonator.)

Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 PM

I have Greddy Full pipping but the catalytic convertor is on, and the resonator i think is on to, I know if I take off the cat the sounds will increase a lot, but i dont want itloud cops around here they gve us a hard time/s. I got the pics posted uP click on the link, im about to upload a vidoe....

Old 03-05-2008, 07:52 PM

oh in miami its different...nobody even remembers what a Catalytic convertor looks like...you should hear at night how it sounds..just races after races

Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM

All I said was you over paid for headers. I didn't specify what brand, they all work the same.

You say you don't need to put on a show, but you sure do like to. BTW, I posted it to show everyone your maturity level. If you get that worked up over a snide little comment, you need to figure out your issues.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM

I dont know about this all headers work the same bit... actually I am positive that is wrong... maybe for this guys purposes since he is worried about the sound instead of the tq and hp gains... but runner length, collector design, and collector placement... not to mention tube diameter are all very important. For the price difference and the quality OBX is deffinitely the way to go for his purposes, DC headers are a joke and way over priced, Megan headers are super expensive, but the only decently designed headers for the 6 cyl.

By the way, taking off resonators and catalytic converters is a horrable idea if you dont have a custom ENGINEERED exhaust system, your car needs some backpressure to operate at its fullest potential, commonly marketed exhaust systems and headers take the resonator and cat into account and there removal deffeats the entire design of the system. Such lemming mentalities of louder is better is what lent to import enthusiasts being called ricers. Not to rain on anybodys parade or anything, but its true.

-Seeds

Quick Reply: New Tranny & OBX Headers