Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

New Tranny & OBX Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Default RE: New Tranny & OBX Headers

I got the car bran new right when it came out, I should say we got the car meaning my family, my mom drove it to 40,000 and then it was given to me, when I got to about 60,000 I started having problems, the gears would slip the first gear especially, I did a lot of reseach and found out those models all had a tranny recall, long story short they didnt cover me, and after driving for about 2-3 years I got used to it. NOW its ALMOST 100,000 Miles,I probablycould have gonelonger ( I think another 50,000), but I didnt want to risk any damages later on down the line. I spent way to much CASH on this car, Iplan on keeping it, Next MOVE>>>> BUDDY CLUB 2 Body Kit & OEM VIS Carbon Fiber Hood.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM

Like I said I was missing out for 3-4 Years I had My Greddys on, I wish I got header at that time, but there was like one company at the time who even was makin it for my car, and they were about 1,200 I was like **** that. I HIGHLEY RECOMMEND WHO EVER HAS EXHAUST & NO HEADERS GET THEM ASAP!!!!! and dont get the cheap no namebrand.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 PM

DAMN i aint going to lie...your **** looking mad nice yo.thats real...so you gotta tell me how does it sound???i bet you sound like an infiniti or 350Z now huh?i'm feeling it...its nice

Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 PM

i have no problem dropping the topic i was never trying to start any arguement.i was actually just asking him about how his car performs and such...i just said that 250 is a lil higher then usual, you stepped in blowing it out of proportion like we asked for all the detail which was not needed.its not like anybody cares who's right or wrong on this thing its just about people sharing ideas there doing on there honda's thats what i was trying to do because i'm thinking on whether 250 is really worth the OBX brand or not so whatever...now redirecting back to the person this thread is really about whitfox the ride looks nice...how's the car riding?or is it still in the shop?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Seeds

lets move onto removing a cat. We still have all of this moving of gasses down the line buisness going on, and the rest of the piping has been designed to deal with this amount of gas moving at this certain rate and cooling as it goes... we get to the cat, there is a huge pressure drop, thats ok, everything was designed to deal with it... you remove it... oh wait, the gases are moving through that area at the wrong rate now... oops that backs up into the cylinders because theres to much pressure in the front of the coloumb... same thing with the resenator...
Yo seeds, in all seriousness, i'm interested in how cat removal with the addition of a turbo system will affect the exhaust flow/pressures. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM

I cant be any more happy with my car HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007the car sounds like a mustang kind of, mean growl it was definitely missing the headers. I HIGHLY recommend any one who has exhaust you have to get headers, makes such a big diffrence in sound, not so much in performance but its stil there, I MISSED OUT for 4 years, I had my greddys on and no headers untill i finally joined this fourm and got hyped uP, I been threw so many sound systems, and a couple suspenstion systems, you learn from experiance. $250 for the OBX SS headers Worth every penny i would have paid $500, I tryed posting a vidoe but didnt work, i will try again so you guys can hear the beast. HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007thank you for the complement I been tuning my car for so long now, spent so much money on it, my lights alone were about $1,800, the car rides really nice rebuilt tranny no more skipping, I had the car for about a week now, and I am driving it like a old man just to break in the new gears, rides good i got a one year warrenty on the tranny incase something does happen the guy will rebuilt or fix it again.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM

Also one other thing i forgot to say, I now park my car in the garage and i got remote start, and in the morning when i start up the car, the whole house starts to vibrate, i put my hand down on the floor you can feel it vibrating,,,,, love it

Old 03-11-2008, 11:32 PM

lol... the power of an accord...sounds pretty tight...heres my baby...i'm about to put a type R lip(not a fan of body kits)on her and working on performance...only thing though...mine is 4 cyl so that cant really compare to the V6 but im working on her... enjoy the pics..

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...7/SSPX0024.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...7/SSPX0031.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...SSPX0028-1.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...7/SSPX0030.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...7/SSPX0027.jpg

Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM

NICE!!!!! not bad at all, I like your lights Nice White bright, and its not all fancy, nice plaine solid thats how I like it, NICE RIDE, and I see you got the LED back lights not bad, I stuck with my OEM ones smoked out, just didnt like the LED effect. Over all nice job

Old 03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007

DAMN i aint going to lie...your **** looking mad nice yo.thats real...so you gotta tell me how does it sound???i bet you sound like an infiniti or 350Z now huh?i'm feeling it...its nice
Hahaha. The 350Z and G35 have one of the worst performing engines for the type of car they are. Don't get me wrong I love both of those car style-wise, but Nissan really dropped the ball on the motor-side of things for what they are selling them as.

Quick Reply: New Tranny & OBX Headers