Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Recomendations...Gude products

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Default Recomendations...Gude products

i found http://www.gude.com/Head/hp.htm#accord

isnt 500 too cheap for my 01 accord LX?

is it a good idea for increase in hp?

Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Recomendations...Gude products

500 is just the core charge, that isnt including the cost of what they are doing, all of that is closer to 1400 dollars give or take a couple hundred.

The core charge is when they send you the items listed up top and you have to ship back your originals, they usually give you a week to have all the parts sent back to you, but a defined core charge is based on availibility.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:06 AM

oh .... its expensive then...
damn...

Old 05-11-2006, 02:19 PM

I guess that depends on your view of expensive, Try to get prices locally for those parts being modified you have to take into consideration by going with gude online youre shipping out about 500 pounds or so most likely a little more then that. So you are paying a crazy shipping cost with insurance on top of it lord knows i would want anything insured that i had shipped that hadd to do with one of the most important parts of my car.

But considering whats being done to the engine, throttle body, cam, intake manifold, and you net over 200 hp after that, i think its worth it. ^_^ I think its a matter of saying, oh yeah, my cars as fast if not faster then the first gen v6 accords.

Doing that puts you on your way to over 300 hp with a turbo doesnt change the fact you will need a new transmission

But in the end, your still looking at the car benig out of service for a while.

the 500 dollar core charge is refunded when you have returned all the old parts on time.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:24 AM

Marbro, wish u lived near me....

wow a new tranny? how much are those? lol

Hey does any one know where i could get these products some other place?

Old 05-12-2006, 03:41 AM

Only reason i say a new tranny is because after about 250whp give or take, even a transmission cooler wont be effective, well, on an automatic anyways, i cant make claims on a manual tho, try checking your phonebook for import autoparts places, or import specialty shops, if you live in areas with small towns every few miles..... youll be really lucky to find a place, but some regular machineshops will be able to help you out at well, it just all depends.

But, phonebook is a good place to start, and if you see any guys with mitsu's or other hondas that seem like that have more then just the basic body kit and fart can muffler, you can always try asking one of them where they got their parts or car worked on.

I dont know why you wish i lived near you ^_- i dont really know that much in the end, i have the mechanical understanding to go in and do things, but i research it as well. My shop is my parents garage and they get pissed at me when i work on my car there lol..... means i have to goto my friends house to install my turbo *pouts*

another place that does engine work i cant make claims on their quality or service
http://www.jgenginedynamics.com/JGE%20main%20page.html