Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Starter Problem Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Rey
Default Starter Problem Question

Hello all,
this problem is making me think to move from Honda to another Family car .I have been Honda Owner since early 80s and never regret, my last and current Honda is a 2015 Accord V6 Touring which was purchased after a lot of considerations and I was happy for almost two years , The Accord was first bought new by me in 2016 and I did not have a major problem ,just needed to change the battery ,and wear and tear , The car has 45000 miles and drives better than day1 , however starting last year a problem with starter , which is like push botton does not start the car and produces a grinding sound , may be after 2-3 some times 4 push waiting like 10 second it starts the car , Initially I did not do any think but it continued and finally I took it to dealership and they replaced the starter , a month later the same , they diagnosed the battery , a month or so later again the same thing .It does not happen every time . it may happen 2-3 times and then nothing for several days or weeks and then may happen once .
My dealership gave me a list of several things but they stated they will go ahead step by step.To me it is not very convincing and I think the mechanic or technician does not do a good diagnostic job .is there a way for a definite diagnose and repair , what do you think the problem is?
I bought the extended warranty from them which is not covered with other honda dealerships and I am not sure if Honda of A
merica covers that if I take the Honda to other dealers .
Please let me know if anyone has any such experinces with starter.
Thank you
2015 Honda Accord V6 3.5 . Touring