Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

transmission oils?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Default RE: transmission oils?

ur even more retarded then u seem then... the 7 and 8 speed mercs are manuals... they are paddle shifted E-Manauls just like in all the other high end cars with automatics... they are stronger and dont have power loss inside there torque converters... because they dont have them.... OOps...

Have u not heard a word we are saying... its not for perminate use... ATF nowdays have friction modifyers that are used to help the clutches apply... so on and so forth... we never said use it for 5000 miles do u think we are retarded... we said in a pinch... DUH

Old 04-23-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you and get nowhere. Go back and re-read the 1st page and you (besides Marbro) are the only one's that seem to feel confident about using it in a "pinch."

The topic of this thread was "Transmission Oils." Its not "What to use in a pinch to get you by." He wants to know what can he use long term. Who cares if you can use 5-30 in an auto for a brief moment, he wants to drain, refill (with ATF), and go about his business for another 30k or whenever he changes it again.

RETARTED.... hmmm, very educated word to talk with.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I am glad that my practical use of 5w-30that caused no problems with the transmission for the limited time that it was in there is deemed BS. And what i said was additional information if he were ever in a situation that required that he get something in the transmission right away. At no point did I say "hey, run this for the life of your transmission." I am also very happy that no one noticed me agreeing with deserthonda on the use of honda's ATF-Z1.

This is ultimately turning into one of those pointless threads that get started because of information that someone gave. I dont really care which side of the convo is right or wrong at this point because either way its no excuse to start being a bunch of dbags.