Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Well i think this is the most likely "proper" place...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Default Well i think this is the most likely "proper" place...

I am having trouble with my AC and i'm think it's either the compressor switch or the compressor. the High side has a little pressure so i know it has no leaks, and the fans work but the "AC" button never light's up, and the compressor doesn't engage. If it's the compressor, would that light turn on but not give air, or would it just not turn on? I might be able to check but i also don't know where the AC switch is. I was told it was by the HVAC under the dash but i have no clue what to look for. I have a 91 four door EX. Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Well i think this is the most likely "proper" place...

Your light should still come on. The light just means you depressed the switch. Your AC wont engage though if youre too low on freon. If that's the case, youve got a leak somewhere. The AC is a closed system and should never be low. Some shops can put a dye on your system and charge the system temporarily to see, through UV light, where the leak is coming from. Just had mine fixed at last, the dye showed my compressor was leaking. My AC light always lit up though even though nothing was working.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 AM
Default RE: Well i think this is the most likely "proper" place...

Found out the compressor was "fried" or not taking any power. thats why the light wont come on. the guy quoted me 799 for a compressor replacement. I can get the compressor and drier for around 200 and do most of it myself so i think thats my most likely route at this moment.