General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well took her into the shop, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Default Well took her into the shop, what do you think?

I've posted before, anyhow. Acceling threw 50 car jerked the then hit the gas and only rpms no forward progress. coasted to omost a stop but the car would idle forward. engine seemed fine turned off the engine and no it won't start. took it in they check through the oil cap for the timin belt at first it appeared that it broke, they did another check with a socked and turned it manually. They said it was not broked and figured it was the flex plate. Doed that sound right?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Well took her into the shop, what do you think?

I think it is very easy to remove the cover plate from the lower part of the Torque Converter housing, and look at the flex plate.
It would have to have come unbolted from the T.C. to keep the car from starting. I've never seen that happen, but not impossibleI guess.
But because you never answered any questions in your other posts for the people that tried to help you. I guess you will have to go with what the shop says.
There is no real need to start a new thread every time you post about this situation, it will only confuse the issue for people trying to follow the story.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Well took her into the shop, what do you think?

Ok shawn,, i am reading your post try to help you and i am shaking my head trying to figure out what the heck you are trying to say,, Sorry i am not coming down on you,, but your post is a bit confusing to me , either that or it is just me ,, cause the Dude seem to know what you were talking about ,,
let me get this straight,,

you were driving and car died on you while driving .. the rpm would go up but car did not move... if that was the case then the timing belt was ok,, cause if it was broken engine would not run
did you chk the cv joints ? broken ? popped out ? any noises at all before all this happen ??

so, you shut the engine down and then car would not restart ?

what is the engine doing exactly ?? does the starter turn the engine over and it won't start??
starter does not turn engine over ? click noise ? any noises ?

If it is just me than i fully apologize to you ,, but if other members have a problem following this post than you need to be more specific and to the point when asking for help ...