Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

What direction should I go in?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Default RE: What direction should I go in?

a4 is the same head. there is nothing different exept the 2 hp difference due to more restriction...the carb ulev crap were especially made for california accord for emission reasons

Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: blackex19

a4 is the same head. there is nothing different exept the 2 hp difference due to more restriction...the carb ulev crap were especially made for california accord for emission reasons
Exactly.

Ignore what comment? IMO - messing w/ vtec engagement on a SOHC is pointless. In the end you're just wasting gas.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the input. Been a while since I've been on here, but I'm back at work now and have nothing else to do, lol. Yes, the car is the F23A4. It has the ULEV symbol on the engine. It has plug wires. As far as the car's condition is concerned, it's pretty good and has been owned by someone I know for the past 2 years so I know what's immediatly wrong, but general maintenance still needs to be done. I've already gone to full synthetic and flushed the coolant. I'll be looking into the other fluids probably this weekend or this week. Thanks for the heads up on the timimg belt, i'll have to look into that one. As far as I know, the difference in the F23A4 and the F23A1 is mainly the exhaust manifold, which constricts the system and goes to a higher temperature to have better emissions. I also think that there is a different computer which governs stuff (I have no idea about computer stuff, so I dont even know what it would govern), but that's not %100. I'm interested in this H22 head swap. If anyone has a link to how to accomplish that, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, then just somewhere to start looking into that would be good. The money issue, is really like 1200 after basic maintenance. So, at this point I'm thinking header replace would be good so I can get that lost hp and torque, also exhaust and intake to open up the airflow(and make some cool noise). I know I can only expect maybe 10-12 hp on these, but I dont know too much about modding, so I was trying to find out what other options there were in my price range. I'm not experienced enough to do a swap or a turbo without help from my friends though. Any info on the head swap would be cool. Thanks and sorry for the long post again.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Don't get a header if your interested in the H22 head swap b/c the heads have different manifold designs.

Search - www.honda-tech.com for the G23 Vtec build