General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****ing Annoying HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Default ****ing Annoying HELP!

So I'm trying to figure out how on earth to fix my girlfriends car, we bought her a 1990 Honda Accord*** LX. After about a month driving it it just would not start and it had started to run really really rough before this happened. I pulled the spark plugs out and saw that they were completely drenched in oil, so I bought all new spark plugs/ a valve cover gasket kit and a new fuel filter along with all the oil change goodies (oil and filter) did all that fired right up and ran just fine down the street.

The next day I tried to start it up and it just made a loud click and wouldn't turn over so I bought a new distributor cap and slap'd that on, cool now it turns over but wont start, so I figure fuel problem right? Im thinking it could be one of three things, the injectors are fried, the fuel rail is gunked up and or the Fuel Pump is trash.

Well I figured meh ill change the Fuel Pump first that's an easy fix right? (I installed a 255 Walburo FP in my Evo and it was like literally a 10 minute job if that)

WRONG after buying the part I come to find that you have to drop the whole god damn tank to get to the ****ing thing?

Last edited by onequickevo; 05-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 PM

Also, wtfh is this?

Its right behind the back seat it doesn't look like a sending unit?

I thought the FP would be here but this is here instead~~

Old 05-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Please stop guessing the problem and throwing parts at it. You really need to diagnose the problem.

The one loud click sounds like it is a starter solenoid problem.

Now installing a new distributor cap should allow the car to start unless you did not put the plugs in the right firing order. The order is 1 3 4 2. Start at the #1 cylinder and check clockwise when look at the cap from the passenger side of the car.