General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

01 Accord coupe v6 wont start (sometimes)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:06 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies
Default 01 Accord coupe v6 wont start (sometimes)

Alright guys, so I bought this car a month ago. Its has 108k on it so barely broken in if that! Well within the first week of having it, I got some rims and tires installed on it went to pick it up from the shop drove down to a gas station filled it up went to start it WOULDN'T START! Made that E-E-E-E-E-E- sound (if you know what I mean). So the mechanic who put the rims & tires on said it sounds like it may be the fuel pump fair enough. Towed the car down to the shop let it sit over the weekend, mechanic said he went out to start the car and it start fine after sitting out 48 hours, got the pumped installed anyway just for future references.

2 MONTHS LATER:

Every since installing the fuel pump everything seemed to be fine. BUT sometimes I get weak starts like it'll start but sound like it doesn't want to stay on so I'll rev it up a little bit. Few days ago, I had to park but to park I had to go over a speed bump curb...turned the car off for 5 minutes went to start it back up started making the same noise as before (sound like it wants to come on but then make the E-E-E-E-E-E sound aha)I figured maybe one of the battery terminals came loose, so popped the hood and push down on everything then it started fine. Then today I was cleaning up my headlights, I started it up fine to pull up to the water hose some, shut it off, went back to start it and it did the same thing as before!! I turn the key to where the car was "ON" but not completely started, held it there for 20 secs then it fired right up.

Did I waste money on the fuel pump when it could just be the main relay? ............Any input would be great guys!

THANK YOU!

Last edited by AMD; 08-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 PM

did you have a new key made lately?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies

No, I only have one key for the car. About a month ago I went to get a key made at a hardware store they said they couldnt do it because the key has a chip in it! Are you suggesting this has something to do with the key?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

what about the normal tuneup items like the spark plugs, distributor cap, and distributor rotor?

Also, stop by a parts store and have them scan for codes. Post any codes on here.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah It' could be time for a tune-up. Don't get me wrong this car runs like a champ but at times it can be a sketchy start-up!

My dad suggested that I make sure I turn off the A/C,RADIO,LIGHTS before turning the car off. I do this but not the radio, and I barely run the A/C. I am running a decent amount of wattage through the battery due to having a subwoofer.