General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 Accord Low Fuel Light Inoperable

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Default RE: '01 Accord Low Fuel Light Inoperable

Yea i have a 94 accord and i have the same problem. So should i get the sending unit looked at or what?

Old 11-13-2005, 04:18 AM
Administrator

I was just looking back on some of these old posts and I noticed that we never got a solid answer to the question...Did anyone get to research this any furthur? if so ...please post us all an answer..

Thank you all for reading this Re-Post Question...[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
baseball456
Unregistered

Hey people, I also have the same problem with my Honda Accord 2000 SE. Usually (before), the fuel light indicator should come on when I have about three to four galllons left. When the light comes on, I can usually pump up to 13.7 to 14.0 gallons. A few months ago, I filled a bottle of fuel injection liquid, and then I "think" that MAY BE the problem, because since then, the fuel light doesn't work. Recently, the fuel gauge reaches empty, and still no light comes on. I had pumped up to 14.6 gallons, and it still dones't come on. I think it's something wrong with the sensor or something. Please give some suggestions/advice on waht I can/should do about it.

Thank you!

Baseball456

Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 AM

I use to have an 2001 accord LX and over the years the fuel light never turned on no matter how low the fuel gague is. I thought it was due to an accident and repair but everything else was fine. In the end i didnt want to take it to the dealership and ask them because im sure they will charge me for all this stupidness of trying to find out the problem and then tell me it would cost me an arm and a leg to fix the electrical problem. So I just make sure not to drive it down to empty and fill up before its near the E. Since hearing from this post that others were having the same problem, I'm sure its some stupid glitch or it just wore out over time. But hey I rather have my fuel light turn off instead of my engine.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

at the fuel gauge sending unit you got 2 wires,,, yellow/blue and lt-green/red................ground the lt-green/red. if lite comes on you got a bad sending unit..............if lite does not come on ,,,,, it could be wiring issues or a bad bulb..

Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Default 1999 Honda Accord Low Fuel Warning Light Never Worked Either

For the record, my low fuel warning lamp never glowed properly. Dealer reluctantly replaced the fuel sending unit when I brought it back to them under warranty, after it died in about six months or less. Dealer fix lasted for about two or three years

Electrical systems on Honda's are weak. They use very thin wiring, weak soldering and suspect components

Best car I've ever owned, but it's also the best when it comes to the number of problems I've had with it. First time, it still had the new car smell. Totally ridiculous and embarrassing. Had to climb back into my old car while the new one was being fixed. I remember it well, cos' I had planned to go to DC with my brother that weekend. I go to load my car, and the engine starts randomly accelerating up and down. We had to take his car. Again, totally bananas.

Last edited by supermoto; 02-08-2012 at 01:00 AM.