General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02' Dome Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Samyson
Unregistered
Default 02' Dome Light Problem

I have the 02' SE Accord Sedan. I was installing a LED dome light bulb when all of a sudden, the fuse blows for the dome and door lights. When I replaced the fuse, the lights come back on. The problem I am having is even though the dome light comes on, it doesn't turn off when the doors are closed and it is on the 'Door' setting. It doesn't start dimming as it has before.

Has anyone had this problem before, or does anyone else know where the control for the dome light dimming? Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: 02' Dome Light Problem

I actually had this problem too. Not quite the same exact, but similar. If your key is in the ignition, take it out. Keep the dome setting to off, close the doors, and plug your light in. Hit the switch to ON to make sure you put it in the right way, and if it's in correctly, put it to door and try testing it. Otherwise, what I had to do was something like open the doors, switch to ON, switch to Door, close the doors, open the doors and fiddle with the switch and doors and stuff. Seems weird, I know, but for some reason, the lights were able to reset themselves or something. If all that doesn't work, let us know, and the other members will help you way better than I.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Samyson
Unregistered
Default RE: 02' Dome Light Problem

Thanks for the quick reply Atari.

I went monkeys around my car, opening and closing the doors and fumbling with the door switch to no avail. I'm convinced that the switches are working properly since the door lights shut off and the dash shows when the doors are open or closed. I think when the surge burned the fuse for the dome and door lights, it must have fried a capacitor or something (not an EE by any means) on the delay/dimmer switch for the dome light.

Would anyone know where the delay/dim switch is for the dome light? A part that I can just order from Honda?

- Just my luck with the car as well, I blew my driver side rear tire on the highway coming home from work

Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 AM

not working for me either. i hope if i change the passengers side multiplex works, but im broke and dont wanna spend money on something that might not even fix the problem or make it worse, and i especially dont wanna take it to the gold digging dealer