General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 Accord coupe driver window doesn't always work

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Default '03 Accord coupe driver window doesn't always work

I cannot always open the driver's window, passengers works fine. It was getting stuck from time to time and, at some point, the window stopped working at all. Apparently the regulator motor burnt down. I replaced the power window regulator and thought I was done, but no. Again it's getting stuck from time to time. What can it be?

Don't know if it's related, but the driver's door lock actuator broke recently too. Can be a coincidence?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like you might have to open the door panel back up. I'd want to be sure something inside the door hasn't come loose causing both issues.

While there, inspect and lube the run channels for the glass.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks! I will definitely do that. But I suspect that's not the problem. I guess I was not clear enough in the original post. The door lock actuator broke several months ago, about the same time when I noticed that the window is not always working. So, it was before I was taking the panel off to replace the window regulator.

And one more thing, when I say it gets stuck, it's not "mechanical stuck", there is no sounds from the window, and it's not "trying" to move. It's more like I press the button and nothing happens. Usually, after turning the engine off and getting out the key, and then starting the car back on, the window starts working.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like the power window master switch. There's a multiplex control unit integrated as part of the switch. First remove the switch and check for bent terminals and that the connector is tight (e.g., door panel was removed before).

Otherwise, it may be the master switch.

This video is removal instructions for the sedan; but, should be similar to your coupe.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEzq4HrRYuI

Attached Thumbnails '03 Accord coupe driver window doesn't always work-power-window-master-switch.jpg